SS Engraved plaques?

marvin

Sr Member
Hey,

I forget what to call them but some time ago someone was offering engraved metal plaques for SS display bases with the whole star wars logo etc on them. I can't find it with the search function :$. Anyone care to point toward the thread?

Thanks!

Marvin

@ Julien: that was indeed the thread I was looking for!

How were those plaques that Guy arranged? The laser engraving looks great, but I\d like to get plaques that are a bit thicker. Something like 2mm thick or something. Haven't found anyone willing to make singles close to home yet.

Marvin

Marvin, why not try arrange a run. Pod plaques would be pretty popular right now maybe?
There are a few i need other than pods, to make up numbers? I think the run Guy did, was a random fella he met, but Guy would fill you in more buddy.

lee

I would be in too for some more plaques, but I would prefer to get the same thickness than the ones Guy offered to match what I already have... They were thin (1 mm or so) but very rigid.

Off the top of my head I would say I would need both pods (maybe only one plaque for both), Slave One, 32" MF, TESB AT-ST, Y-Wing Red Jammer, TIE Fighter, X-Wing Red-4, Tidiryum Shuttle and maybe one or 2 more ! :)

I offer plaques but not bases

I think we should do a run with Gator, I wont be able to get any more, Gator does a style V similar to the sets I had made, I also need a few now. It'd be nice to drum up some work for our friend here on the board. I had already put a list together.

This what I need

All MR style
as below
IMG_3347.jpg

STAR WARS
EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI
A-WING
REBEL FIGHTER
FILMING MINIATURE STUDIO SCALE REPLICA

STAR WARS
EPISODE V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
LUKE SKYWALKER RIDING
TAUNTAUN
STOP MOTION STUDIO SCALE REPLICA

STAR WARS
EPISODE V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
HAN SOLO RIDING
TAUNTAUN
STOP MOTION STUDIO SCALE REPLICA

STAR WARS
EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE
JAWA
SANDCRAWLER
FILMING MINIATURE REPLICA

STAR WARS
EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE
HERO RED 3
X-WING FIGHTER

STAR WARS
EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI
IMPERIAL SHUTTLE
TYDIRIUM

Last edited:
Id want.......

ION cannon.
Medical frigate concept maquette (something like that lol)
Probe droid
Cloud car
Rebel Transport
Both pods (on one plaque, good call Julien :))
TESB ATST
Slave One

Id REALLY want to have the TESB logo on them though, not "Star Wars" ?

lee

Id want.......

ION cannon.
Medical frigate concept maquette (something like that lol)
Probe droid
Cloud car
Rebel Transport
Both pods (on one plaque, good call Julien :))
TESB ATST
Slave One

Id REALLY want to have the TESB logo on them though, not "Star Wars" ?

lee

Oooooh thats a good idea.

Straight logo is good Guy, but the angled, its classic lol, Ah, either way, but id rather go angled?
Run sounds good, be happy to have Gator on it, ive one plaque (Frigate concept) that will be one off id say, so ill have to design that accordingly.
Soon as Gator agrees maybe a dedicated interest thread in the JY?

lee

Im building one Julien lol, just a bit of fun, the Medical Frigate concept from the ESB sketchbook.
Nothing elaborate, just a 30" maquette from the sketch, that i think looks more elegant than the final prop, using period kit parts.
More a case of using up a lot of junk hulls i have here, and hey, like i have the room for a real Frigate :lol, besides, Elsa, would beat me severely if i said i was going to build a 6ft plus model :lol.
Ill have some pics up soon buddy.

Oh its the ship in my avatar BTW lol.

lee

Now that's interesting ! The drawing is very nice and really close to the production model, but you have some room to work from your own ! Can't wait to see pics of it, the med frigate is a very cool and unique ship !

i'd be in for around ten or so

I've Pm'd Gator and will find out some pricing then start a thread in the JY.

Please post here if you interested then I'll get the logistics sorted for Gator to get cracking.

Guys revised list with Lee's. Please update this with what you want then we'll agree on wording.

Empire Probe droid studio scale stop mo Stop Mo x 2
Empire Tauntaun Luke Studio scale stop mo
Empire Tauntaun Studio scale Han Stop mo
ANH Y wing Gold 5 studio scale
ANH Sandcrawler scaled Replica
Jedi A wing Studio scale
Empire Tie Bomber x2
Empire ION cannon.
Empire Medical frigate concept maquette
Empire Cloud car studio scale x 2
Empire Rebel Transport
Empire Both pods studio scale(on one plaque, good call Julien )
Empire ATST studio scale
Empire Slave One studio scale
ANH X wing Red 3 studio scale

Thats 18 between me & Lee, Julien & Jason can you update this list if your def in? This is just for numbers at the moment, anyone else Keen????

\kevin has come back to me with an awesome price of $13 per plaque if we order mare than 25, so Its a go as far as I'm concerned.

I'll start an interest thread in the JY & a notice thread here for other's to see if thats ok mods? Just something to show us studio scale nuts that a thread is in the JY.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back