SS Chopper lands - possibly

hez1

So I was browsing the Statue Forum this morning, and happened across this pic. I shamelessly yanked it, so I apologise to its owner, but I thought the folks here would be interested to see it.

biovschopper2.jpg.gif

First thoughts are...wtf? Brass colored? I would have sworn blind that this was a regular silver bio. Seems like a bit of a random change that is in direct contradiction to the pics they have on their website too:

400015_press01-001.jpg.gif

Although the lighting is so bad in the pics that it could be green for all I can tell. However it is suggestive of silver.

As an afterthought, the P2 bio is the HCG one...looks ok, the stand looks pretty cool, but the paintjob doesn't seem as nice as was initially shown on the prototype. To be expected I suppose, but I don't think it's something I'll be dropped $300 on. I'll stick with mine.

biovschopper2.jpg.gif

400015_press01-001.jpg.gif

When AVP first came out I thought the Chopper Bio was the **** and I hated the Celtic. Now I prefer the Celtic and hate the Chopper! It's interesting how a Bio takes time to get used to. They are literally pieces of art. All bios have their own distinct look. Sometimes I have to physically have it in my hands to appreciate all the distinct curves and angles. I used to dislike the P2 until I bought one and saw how organic it is.

Some Bios take a while to grow on me and for some reason the Chopper reminds me of a neanderthal with the thick brow.

I actually think the chopper looks great in that pic...... But yet again sideshow have simply painted the lens on, its all rather pathetic now!!! of the thre AVP bio's, the chopper has the largest and most prominent lens, it really needed doing properly!

Yes, the lens is an absolute howler, yet again. It's amazing just how much it stands out. Well, I'm not against the brassy coloring, it'll be nice to have a little variation in the line up, but I do hope they haven't done it just for the sake of it. The actual paintjob actually looks passable, although unlike the others we really don't have much reference to judge it against. Anyone want to chime in with some screencaps?

Here's a good start :) resemble anything about the sideshow mask? I think not!!!!

Chopperlense.jpg

Colour wise, well the close up above resembles the wolf bio almost, not the biggest sample pic of course.

Chopperlense.jpg

I think its just the angle of the picture... although the proto is obviously blue!! and the proto that was displayed months ago was silver, this one is bronze...... but all "screen accurate" no doubt haha, thanks sideshow!!!

I always liked the Chopper but I'm not a fan of SS work on the AVP bios, I'm always waiting for a really good fan made one to pop up *cough*Paul *cough* Casey*cough* I'm no expert but the profile angle seems to steep, I don't something doesn't seem right about it. Because of the Lens size I think it would be the best to costume in for vision.

I always liked the Chopper but I'm not a fan of SS work on the AVP bios, I'm always waiting for a really good fan made one to pop up *cough*Paul *cough* Casey*cough* I'm no expert but the profile angle seems to steep, I don't something doesn't seem right about it. Because of the Lens size I think it would be the best to costume in for vision.

Don Jarr made a pretty good one didn't he?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back