SS '89 BATMOBILE (Update 3/28)

Best movie Batmobile ever. Tumbler's pretty cool, too. I'd have to say the one from the old TV show is one of my favorites, though.

Originally posted by RickDTM@Mar 24 2006, 05:10 PM
Howard - Are you going to use RC wheels for the rubber?  How about the rims.....machined?
[snapback]1212434[/snapback]​

Yes Rick, I'm machining the rims into bronze and having the tires done up in black rubber urethane. I should have all the masters ready within two weeks to mold :)

This kit is going to be the SHIZ.

Firefox, this is turning into a hyjack, please start another thread for you studios molds...

H

Originally posted by Chewie15@Mar 25 2006, 10:41 AM
Firefox, this is turning into a hyjack, please start another thread for you studios molds...
[snapback]1213052[/snapback]​

Agreed. Firefox and anyone interested should not post about his molds in this thread. Start a new one if you like. Thanks.

I never mentioned selling a kit,nothing to edit... certainly not hijacking the thread, nor Intended to.I said I was making laser cut detail parts and owned(still)the old Warner Bros block mold, that I got in trade years back. You stated you were making parts. I was just giving a heads up on the origins of the original. The Wayne Tek kit needs lots of work and changes to make it accurate. While it does use the shell casting of the main body, alot of things were hand made(not studio), and crude. So, alot of reworking is necessary.
Hope this clears things up a bit. Right about one thing though, it is the most accurate 89 car out there in this scale, none and i mean none ever were used for the Axsis Chemicals scene, sure hope PIH doesnt state that it was screen used.
Best,
Will

Firefox - when you say accurate - do you mean making it accurate in relationship to the 1:1? Or that the Waynetek kit does not have accurate parts in terms of the original studio model? Hope that made sense.

howdy,
since the model is only a refinished version of the sculpt of the original Anton Furst concept, I mean the studio 1:1 scale full size car... car No 1 :D

Back on track here.

Howard have you given any thought to making a 89 Batman in scale with the car? I think it would be totally bad ass to have Batman standing beside the car.

JDH

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart@Mar 26 2006, 03:17 PM
Back on track here.

Howard have you given any thought to making a 89 Batman in scale with the car?  I think it would be totally bad ass to have Batman standing beside the car.

JDH
[snapback]1213576[/snapback]​

Yes, that's just what I was thinking :) That's why I want to make the cocoon version so he can stand next to that, I think that would be an awesome display.

H

Man that is a killer idea. I cant wait to see your progress on this.

Greg

**EDIT** BTW Howard I dont know if it is just me but your site is not coming up.

"Where does he get all the wonderful toys?" Howard, once again great score. If there is a list for future kit run please add me to the interested part of it.

Great things happen to great people. This is indeed a GREAT project, "chicks dig the car."

Steve

WOW,

You got a nice one. It's gonna look great assembled.

I got a fiberglass body shell off eBay years ago. Its all
one piece and far from being in good shape. never did nothing
with it as of yet. Here it is next to my 1:8th scale KITT replica.

batkitt1.JPG

Originally posted by TFrosst@Mar 28 2006, 05:47 PM
Do you have a rought idea on how much your kit is gonna cost?  Will it be resin or fiberglass?
[snapback]1214928[/snapback]​

TFrosst, this is only a 'Showoff' thread...

H

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back