SRT-1 Barracuda Build - Need HELP Please!!!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

cgimouse

I've done my fair share making cosplay pieces and armor from foam, worbla and even some 3d printing. I have just landed my hands on a good full wearable set of the SRT-1 Barracuda Iron Girl Armor based on concept art by Bogdan Gabelko and modeled by Johan Jaoa. The suit is wearable and beautiful BUT I wanted to separate the cod piece from the torso and then either print/mold/cast the torso in a flexible medium or just print it straight in TPU. [Breathing is good!] This would be a one off just for me. I am a complete noob when it comes to any 3d modeling software and have never separated pieces along an irregular line. I tried using MeshMixer to separate the shells but they don't come out to anything remotely usable. I tried using the knife function in Blender but I can't seem to get it to work. I've provided pictures below for reference on where I'd like to cut. Suggestions, ideas, anything would be greatly appreciated. I want to learn HOW to do this so that I can keep doing it in the future if (when) it inevitably comes up again.

torso.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.