Squid Game Soldier bodycam

falloutboy

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, spent a few days trying to figure out what body-cam the Squid Games Soldiers used. Realized it didn't *quite* line up with anything out there that I could find in S. Korea marketplaces or US/International, and that this would mean fabricating.

Used a screen grab to get the proportions and details, and designed it- then used a stock photo of the harness- and sized it to a model of the clip that's on the front. Internal component carriers for a Raspberry Pi Zero-W, Pi-Cam2.1, adafruit 400mAh li-ion battery and charger, including port for charging it once assembled. LED cutouts go clean through the case- as do the speaker holes, though I'm only planning on wiring the yellow LED's.

Now, I think - it's about time to print :)

Figure I'll do print in FDM first to check sizing, then print it on the Saturn for detail.

No plans to release the STL set yet- debating doing kits.
untitled.373.jpg
untitled.375.jpg

Bah. Heck with it- lets see if it fits using resin first.
Will fit on the Mars2 Pro by the skin of it's teeth- so, don't have to wait for the saturn to finish first :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
It looks like your 3D model is pretty good. I also wonder if it is a was a repurposed video doorbell or trailcam and not a body cam.
To make the black/clear labels you can laser-cut acrylic, mask off the backside for the clear areas and then used black spray paint on the rest.

It looks like your 3D model is pretty good. I also wonder if it is a was a repurposed video doorbell or trailcam and not a body cam.
To make the black/clear labels you can laser-cut acrylic, mask off the backside for the clear areas and then used black spray paint on the rest.
re-cased trail cam is my guess personally? The setup is very much in line with some of the small ones out there.

Test print of the camera body are a success. Just have to print a flush mount for the chest carrier. No post/ cleanup work done yet.

Last edited:
20211016_134654.jpg

Decided to do non functional only for now. So, made clear inserts for the light/camera area

Attachments

• 20211016_134654.jpg
    20211016_134654.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 134

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back