Spy (Post-release)

Just got back from seeing it and it's as good as the reviews make it out to be. See this film and tell me with a straight face that Paul Feig isn't suited for Ghostbusters.

The wife and I saw this last night, and LOVED it! While I'm not the biggest fan of Melissa McCarthy, I thought that she did an excellent job. Jason Statham was hilarious. Overall, I'd recommend seeing it.

Wif an I saw it on Sunday. I have a dry, twisted sense of humor, and this made me LOL several times. I love a good verbal shredding of someone and DAMN, when MM got rolling she was epic.

Just saw it, and was mildly entertained. A lot of lengths in the first third, a lot of filler gags using MM´s motor mouth craft. LOVED Jason Statham!!! Very likeable supporting characters, like the italian spy Aldo. MM is a real star in this movie, it´s an MM vehicle. Some of the banter seemed a bit dragged on

The movie itself is a successor to a long line of James Bond parodies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_parodies_and_spin-offs and comedies like the all time classic "pink panther" series. So, nothing really new to see, very often predictable. I liked the final pay off in the end, though. A few gags may have gotten lost in the German translation. It felt a bit like watching an old "carry on" movie. But I do not think that it is an instant, unforgettable classic in the genre of spy movie parodies. Because it does not bring anything new to the table. It feels like a tv movie and nothing that has the broad scope and range of a big screen movie. Neither cinematography nor direction stand out, and sometimes I found the editing very mediocre.

A solid yet average movie, IMO. I do not see why it got such raving reviews.And just a few replies here in the entertainment forum? I think it will be more reviewed when it goes into VOD distribution.
I can say with a straight face: ... oh wait, I did so in that other thread already ...

I bloody loved this film. I've never laughed so hard in the theatre. It got recommended to me due to one of my cosplays, and when the moment was there, I laughed so hard! But I laughed throughout the entire film.

This is also the first film that didn't make me wince during the vomit moment. Usually I just avertmy eyes and go 'whyyy'. But in this case, it just added to the hilarity and didn't bother me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back