Spray painting bio - Help please

Pitrelli

Hey folks

Iv recently purchased a bio and am awaiting primer and other colours arriving before i get started.

Im looking to go down the samurai pred route with a bio similar to 'Big Red'

Anyone any tips on how to get it going?

In particular how to make make the stencils. Iv drawn them out on paper however im baffled on how to do this, my initial thoughts were to do the primer and main bits ie battle damage/wear then put masking tape over it and trace the stencil on removing the patern then spraying on the black. (im a bit concerned the tape may remove some of the paint?!)

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Use a good tack masking tape (the blue gear is good), mark out your stencil, and apply. Not sure what route your taking on the paint, you could go with a gloss black basecoat, and mask that off from there and shoot the red, though thatll take some coverage!

Just make some of what i call "female" masks and apply once your Red coat has gone off fully, if its gloss, leave it a day or so, and get those rattle cans warm while shaking the crap out of them, youll get a better finish!

I wouldnt worry about peeling, youll be fine as long as you scrub the resin/FG well, and apply a good primer (warm the can)

Oh and if you wana a good quality aero...go to Halfords, there acrylic aero range is spot on ive used it for years and always gives a glass like coat!

lee

No worries, good luck...im looking at a P1 Big Red too in time as an alternate Bio for the display, looks a nice fun one to do!

lee

Nawww, ill be using Plastruct Hemispheres as i have a load of various sizes in my stash, go to EMA model supplies, think its co.uk, youll find them there buddy :)

lee

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back