spray latex

I have been meaning to ask the same question but was afraid to get ripped a new one for asking. ;) So thanks for asking for me but does anyone know for sure if you can substitute it?

im not sure buddy but when i did my mr.i suit i used latex layer after layer with a sponge brush and came out smooth and perfect ;)
you could try plastic dip , idk for sure if it will work tho ,

I spray liquid latex on to a wetsuit when I make skin, after that musscle structure that came out of a mold and to cover those seems on the suit I use thickend latex (latexpaste)

you get a nice structure on the skin and some smooth spots also.

But I don't know what you guy's mean with spray latex, is it out of a spraycan? Because that could take a while do finish a complete skin.

I use a heavy duty compressor and that goes quit fast.

could i use krylon h20 latex spray primer to latex a mr. incredible suit?
in place of liquid latex

I think you would need to take a serious look at the chemical make up a latex based "paint" compared to that of actual liquid latex. I suspect that the propellants in the paint might have an adverse effect on the Mister Incredible suit, possible even eating through it. Or more accurately, melt the polyester fibers.

The 'latex spray' that you are talking about is paint, not latex. It is simply somewhat more flexible than regular paint. I've used it, it is absolutely not suitable for what you want to do. It is not flexible nor thick enough.

The 'latex spray' that you are talking about is paint, not latex. It is simply somewhat more flexible than regular paint. I've used it, it is absolutely not suitable for what you want to do. It is not flexible nor thick enough.

ditto, i have used it on some latex. your latex will rot within a year.

could i use krylon h20 latex spray primer to latex a mr. incredible suit?
in place of liquid latex

The answer is NO.... I have done it... When you spray H2O latex in any color on a Mr. Incredible suit it absorbs right through the material and doesn't stick at all... You need to coat the suit with liquid latex which is about $40/gallon on average... Now that being said, Krylon H2O Liquid Latex Spray Paint is the best paint to paint your suit with if you have to use rattle cans and don't have an airbrush gun... It sticks better than normal enamel spray paint... but you will still need to cover the paint when done with something like perma wet because it will eventually crack and flake off if you don't...

Beware, that paint shoots out of the can strange... It kind of spatters and foams a bit like whip cream then settles down once it hits the surface you are painting....

Hope this helps.

The answer is NO.... I have done it... When you spray H2O latex in any color on a Mr. Incredible suit it absorbs right through the material and doesn't stick at all... You need to coat the suit with liquid latex which is about $40/gallon on average... Now that being said, Krylon H2O Liquid Latex Spray Paint is the best paint to paint your suit with if you have to use rattle cans and don't have an airbrush gun... It sticks better than normal enamel spray paint... but you will still need to cover the paint when done with something like perma wet because it will eventually crack and flake off if you don't...

Beware, that paint shoots out of the can strange... It kind of spatters and foams a bit like whip cream then settles down once it hits the surface you are painting....

Hope this helps.

ill say it again. don't use it at all. it will rot the latex.

ill say it again. don't use it at all. it will rot the latex.

I used that paint on my mask, hands, and latex body suit back in 2005 and the latex is in the same EXACT condition on my mask, hands, and suit today that it was back in 2005.... So I politely disagree with you. Not sure why your latex rotted but Im guessing it was the temp or conditions you stored your latex in and not the H2O Latex Paint... I used 3 color browns, black, white, and the H2O Latex base primer which is white on all my costume pieces and 4 years later I still wear them.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back