spotting

newpred

first off i just got an airbrush kit and some cheap...crap! Paint. And was wondering how people do their spots. I made somewhat of a stencel with a piece of scrap foamies. It looks halfway decent. Am i going about it the right way or do you guys brush them on? Btw im airbrushing a predhead i drew on the back cover of an old dresser lol. I dont want to trial and error on a good mask.

I've seen people use an airbrush and hand brushes for the spots. Its really a matter of what you feel comfortable with and which one you get better results with. Personally I get better results with a handbrush, bu thats only because my current airbrush wont pain small enough spots.

My suggestion - try practicing both techniques on bristle board and go with the one you like best

yea i'll have to get some hand brushes.im just worried about bristles in the paint lol. Plus im on a path to buying multiple air brushes and a stand to hold them so i can have different colors loaded in each one. Because my cleanup after last nights trial was a huge mess i splattered paint all over the place. So my airbrush is clean though my garage looks like an art class. So a stencel is the right method with an air brush or can you freehand with the right one?

I don't think I've heard of anyone using a stencil. As far as I know spots are a freehand job...get it? Free hand job? Well, I thot it was kinda funny anyway!

Without biting into the tempting Apple of a joke that Jason has provided, I would suggest you try different sized brushes & look at individual air guns for what purpose their suited for. Obviously most here probably will go for smaller Hobbyist style brushes for the spots that the Pred needs.

Without biting into the tempting Apple of a joke that Jason has provided, I would suggest you try different sized brushes & look at individual air guns for what purpose their suited for. Obviously most here probably will go for smaller Hobbyist style brushes for the spots that the Pred needs.

I did my first skin freehanding the spots...i mixed brown and black together..i practiced on a box but once u get into the rhythm of making them u will be fine. My skin is in the work in progress thread and it came out great for my first time...airbrushing freehand is ur best route id say....

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back