Spotted some good toy weapons at Dollar General.

CB2001

Master Member
I stopped by Dollar General earlier to grab a couple of 2-liter bottles of diet cola and, since its Halloween, Dollar General has some good toy guys just begging to be made into replicas. I spotted a Magnum .357 (Dirty Harry's gun) for a $1.25 and a toy Robocop Beretta that blows back as a part of a pack at $8 (I think, but comes with an underscaled toy machine gun). I don't know if they have them at every Dollar General, but I figured I'd give a heads up in case anyone is looking for some.

I've seen those. Actually, it's been a little bit, but the last time I was in the store near me they had a pretty decent M-4 style assault rifle. As i recall it had tactical rails, a collapsible (not functional) stock, and a few other realistic features. It was molded in tan plastic, had the obligatory day glow orange bits, and a spinning barrel with LEDs, but it looked like with a little modification and paint, it could turn out fairly well.

I haven't seen the robocop one or the .357 yet. we have sawed off shotguns, undersized bolt action rifles, a machine gun pack, an uzi pack. I'd like the robocop one. We also have 1.25 old west revolvers. I don't have pics of the lever action or the normal double barrel at the moment. i try to raid them when they get guns i think i can use.
DSCN0712.jpg

I took a picture of the RoboCop gun in the machine gun/pistol pack, but the picture is slightly blurry. I'll see if I can transfer it from my phone.

But by the way it looked, you'd have to remove stickers on the sides of the slide.

Here's the photo of the entire set. Like I said, the picture is a bit blurry (sorry, my bad). I was more concerned with getting a picture so to show you guys than to get the picture clear when I took it. The RoboCop gun is in the left hand/bottom corner.

attachment.php

Wes, the two revolvers you got in your picture are the guns I was talking about. Sorry everyone, I mistaken them for the .357 Magnums. I should have known they were .29 Magnums. Thanks, Wes. If you hadn't posted the picture I would have realized my error.

For 1.25 you can't go wrong. They also have small guns that look like 9mm for 2.50 or something but they sold fast. They don't have the kit with the robocop gun yet, but i'll check on the first. The belt fed machine gun isn't bad either. The quality of their guns is good too for the most part, a lot of them have blowback action.

For 1.25 you can't go wrong. They also have small guns that look like 9mm for 2.50 or something but they sold fast. They don't have the kit with the robocop gun yet, but i'll check on the first. The belt fed machine gun isn't bad either. The quality of their guns is good too for the most part, a lot of them have blowback action.

Yeah, but normally, I avoid anything machine gun related because they're actually a bit under scaled (the store I went to had an MP5 (the one with the extended barrel). Of course, that's just my opinion.

But you're right, you can't go wrong with the guns you find there. More often than not, they do have some good 1:1 scale that can make awesome props for a low-budget short film.

The quality is way better than the everything for 1.00 store. I have a auto 9 knockoff from there and it's so thin and warped i'm glad it was only 1.00

Got a second picture of the RoboCop gun, with a nickel on it so to show the scale of it (seriously, I can't tell if the gun is 1:1 scale or not, but it sure does seem close). The pack is $8 as I said earlier (this time, I was able to confirm it).

attachment.php

I'm for sure going to look for it on the first. No point looking now as i don't have 8.00 and they seem to swap out inventory fast. Anyone notice the ammo belt in the machine gun of that set is fed into it backwards?

I'm for sure going to look for it on the first. No point looking now as i don't have 8.00 and they seem to swap out inventory fast. Anyone notice the ammo belt in the machine gun of that set is fed into it backwards?

Now that you mentioned it, yeah, it is backwards. :lol

Yes, the two revolvers you got in your picture are the guns I was talking about. Sorry everyone, I mistaken them for the .357 Magnums. I should have known they were .29 Magnums. Thanks, Wes. If you hadn't posted the picture I would have realized my error.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...Clint's revolver if I'm not mistaken, is a M29 Smith & Wesson so a .44 magnum....not a .29 (which is the model) :$

Yes, the two revolvers you got in your picture are the guns I was talking about. Sorry everyone, I mistaken them for the .357 Magnums. I should have known they were .29 Magnums. Thanks, Wes. If you hadn't posted the picture I would have realized my error.

Hmmm...Clint's revolver if I'm not mistaken, is a M29 Smith & Wesson so a .44 magnum....not a .29 (which is the model) :$[/QUOTE]

You're right. Dang it! I screwed up how I read the IMFDb info on it. Sorry guys.

This is me sometimes: :wacko
This is what I often have to do to my brain: :behave

Thanks for reminding me bout dollar general. ToysRus and Walmart do not have any toy replica guns worth a darn. I been working on some stuff and need a revolver like you posted. Its nice to be able to buy something now instead of ordering online and waiting. Yep...patience...mine sucks. Ha

Thanks for reminding me bout dollar general. ToysRus and Walmart do not have any toy replica guns worth a darn. I been working on some stuff and need a revolver like you posted. Its nice to be able to buy something now instead of ordering online and waiting. Yep...patience...mine sucks. Ha

That's not necessarily true about Wal-Mart, as I've seen them with the tactical beretta with suppressor and sights (the same one that is currently at Dollar General, in fact). They also had a pretty good 1:1 M-16 (the only issue I had is when you pulled the trigger, the barrel used to go forwards and backwards to simulate firing). And not to mention Airsoft guns in the Sporting Goods department.

But you're welcome about the reminder of Dollar General.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back