Spot putty applicator

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Triton

Hey guys...what are those mini looking trowels that people use to apply spot filler in small detail areas called?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mash3d

You may be thinking of a Palette knife used in painting. For smaller areas I have some Dental tools that I use.

vaderman1701

It may sound weird, but I have used a silicone baby spoon. The soft and flexible tip makes a great applicator. Spreads the spot putty well and gets it into the cracks and pinholes really good.

Zombie_61

Master Member
Just buy a box of toothpicks. Cheap, readily available, and they work just as well as any other tool for applying putty in tight spaces.

dcarty

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I made a couple of putty knives by trimming the ends of Popsicle sticks: flat edge, rounded knife edge, and a kind of pointy knife edge, lol

Zombie_61

Master Member
Wow you guys. I just use my finger. :D
Same here, unless it's in an area where my finger won't fit, in which case I use a toothpick. :lol

...I haven't found any putty I like better than the Bondo spot putty.
Same here, if I'm just filling a minor seam or void. It's easy to apply, it cures pretty quickly and it's easy to sand. For larger voids and/or sculpting surface detail I like Aves Apoxie Sculpt.