Sporaks Monkey head

Solochaser

I had some free time today, so I got started on painting the monkey Head. It's replica of the fine cuisine attendees got in the movie Temple of DOOM! bum bum buuummm.
Flashing came off pretty easily , but there are holes where the seams meet. I figured they would be covered by hair anyways so I proceeded with painting. Black wash made it really pop. Gonna let it dry over night and work on the eyes tomorrow. I'm going to use reinforcement labels for the iris.

I didn't make as much progress as I had hoped for tonight. Tested fitted the brain and looked great. However the sealant I used wasn't dry yet. The brain pulled some paint off :cry

Repainted and left to dry again...

Finally finished! I burned my fingers a couple of times since I didn't really know what I was doing when it was time to put the hair on. However after cutting the hair, it looked great.

Thanks everyone. Surprisingly my little girl is not spooked by the Monkey. She keeps saying whoa as she walks by. haha. I decided to use it as a candy dish at work.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back