Suggestion SPOILER tags (implemented)

Minder Thr33

Sr Member
Is it possible to add spoiler tags? Just the basic black blocks over text unless you drag the mouse over it. Apparently I hit a nerve, even with a large warning :confused

I actually like this idea, especially for this forum I have seen a ton of spoiler freak outs over the years...

It's an easy hack as well, just a few tweaks to the CSS mostly...

And here we are, about a week and a half later... with spoiler tags now installed and functioning! In the future, if you have a spoiler, wrap your content in the "spoiler" bbcode tags and the content will be invisible unless the member chooses to click the "show" button... like this:

A member won't be able to see this spoiler-monkey until they click "show!"
black-spider-monkey.jpg

We would appreciate if members would use the spoiler tag in the future for their spoiler-laden posts!

Big thanks to both Minder Thr33 and exoray for the suggestions and for pointing us in the right direction! This is not only super cool but very useful!

People still just isn't using the feature and spoil away openly - even with new movies not yet in and still in the cinema or barely out on DVD. Annoying as hell.

When posting I for instance can't find a symbol for it like *insert link*, *insert picture* & *quote* - I've had to write the code in the post. Is there plans of adding a symbol for *spoilers* in the posting box?

People still just isn't using the feature and spoil away openly - even with new movies not yet in and still in the cinema or barely out on DVD. Annoying as hell.

When posting I for instance can't find a symbol for it like *insert link*, *insert picture* & *quote* - I've had to write the code in the post. Is there plans of adding a symbol for *spoilers* in the posting box?

I Agree ^

:confused Not sure what your point is or if you even read my post.

I write the code
x[ /spoiler] on my own, but was just wondering if there was a button to press in the reply box like there is for *url*, *picture*, etc, so I didn't have to write the code every time

:confused Not sure what your point is or if you even read my post.

Read inside his spoiler tag. :)

This is definitely one of those things that is a bit of a pain because there isn't an icon that members can just click on to get it done. We will have to look to see if we have any options for adding something like that.

TMG,

This would take custom template editing but I am sure it could be done. As with many things, we are prepping for the software upgrade with a ROUGH timeframe of June 1. We won't be making changes to the current software but can put it on the list to look into adding SPOILER as a clickable link.

Read inside his spoiler tag. :)
Oh... I'm a dope (slaps head)... sorry about that Megamicrofish.

This is definitely one of those things that is a bit of a pain because there isn't an icon that members can just click on to get it done. We will have to look to see if we have any options for adding something like that.
TMG,

This would take custom template editing but I am sure it could be done. As with many things, we are prepping for the software upgrade with a ROUGH timeframe of June 1. We won't be making changes to the current software but can put it on the list to look into adding SPOILER as a clickable link.
Cool. Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. Just hope people would be better at remembering that this feature exists. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back