Luke's Lightsaber Mando series finale.

Luke Mando.jpg

I've been on the hero looks like a Rylo bandwagon for some time. However, when I look at the stunt, I think that the stunt (with the exception of the emitter blade area) looks like a Rylo as well. And I certainly don't think that they chopped up a couple Rylos for the stunt sabers. So, I'm wondering if they perhaps just googled "Luke ROTJ Lightsaber" got pictures of a Rylo and replicated some of the control box details that we've been seeing on the stunt and hero sabers, rather than actually owning an original.

I've been on the hero looks like a Rylo bandwagon for some time. However, when I look at the stunt, I think that the stunt (with the exception of the emitter blade area) looks like a Rylo as well. And I certainly don't think that they chopped up a couple Rylos for the stunt sabers. So, I'm wondering if they perhaps just googled "Luke ROTJ Lightsaber" got pictures of a Rylo and replicated some of the control box details that we've been seeing on the stunt and hero sabers, rather than actually owning an original.
This where I have always leaned given how odd it would be to have an obscure fanmade prop. Or that somebody in the prop chain had one and used it for reference. It says something about production that it was faster to use the internet or a fan job than to get their hands on archive material.

Even if the hero is out on tour in a museum, the archives has reference material for original hero.

This saber will vex me for all time.

I have actually thought recently of thinning out my thin-neck lightsaber collection.

And even STILL, I would be interested in having a replica of either the hero or stunt from this episode because of the emotional impact it had. After so much disappointment, to see Luke in action like this...

For me, the hero version of this saber will always be known (at least in my own head) as the "Redemption Hero."

I guess if someone close to production *did* happen to have a Rylo they could have easily 3D scanned it too. I could believe the resulting stunts being recreated quickly that way as well (optional thinking).

I have actually thought recently of thinning out my thin-neck lightsaber collection.

And even STILL, I would be interested in having a replica of either the hero or stunt from this episode because of the emotional impact it had. After so much disappointment, to see Luke in action like this...

For me, the hero version of this saber will always be known (at least in my own head) as the "Redemption Hero."
I 100% am interested in a hero version of this hilt as well. The entire ending scene had such an emotional impact for me too.

Small observation but I can see a shadow around the blade collar, meaning it is inserted into the emitter face (probably)

Very interesting - I think the nipple less one in the ESBN doc is Mark's to... I notice the wind vane lip is a flat silver section and probably same as the grip ring section.. with a simple 2 diameter brass section maybe separate.. like the nicksdad setup

It does seem like this is shaping up to be in the “other & undefined” hilt category regarding the stunts IMO. I’ve no skin in the game just mad a Rylo wasn’t verbally confirmed (though it totally is the belt hanger ) :lol:

It does seem like this is shaping up to be in the “other & undefined” hilt category regarding the stunts IMO. I’ve no skin in the game just mad a Rylo wasn’t verbally confirmed (though it totally is the belt hanger ) :lol:
Pretty sure these are 100% scratch built.. hoping for someone to chime in…

Slightly off topic but I really think those Deepfake tests they were doing looked immensely better than the final product…
ILM actually hired the guy who did the best one on YouTube. Wouldn't shock me if, much like the crew member caught on camera, there's a quiet update to the episode.

Again, I feel like the most logical assumption is that somebody who was a prop fan ended up working on the prop team. They had a Rylo, and was scanned to make the props for the show. It was left relatively unaltered for the hero, and the stunts were tweaked somewhat to allow for-- well, stunt stuff! That's the only course that satisfied all theories, right?

Knowing what I do about production, as much as I like to think they'd have access to the actual prop or detailed images of it, or even the Creepy Uncle from TLJ, time and money maybe have just dictated they start from scratch with available resources. We know they brought in fan-troopers as extras using their own gear.

110% on board with you seth

Seth I have a question for you, in all your experience have you ever seen a wardrobe depart keep props with the costume?

example. If Hamill’s costume goes in the wardrobe would the lightsaber go with it?

just had a wonder today about it.. nothing really the helps me theorizing just a general question

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back