Luke's Lightsaber Mando series finale.

Yeah the mom with the threading turned back - 120° has a 1mm gap between the booster and plays loosely; and if I were props I’d be concerned about it slipping around freely for a scene. It would be a no go (if I were in that position anyway) and the same would be applicable for other loose-pommel sabers.

The dueling extension on the VV is a bit too long and would need to be cut down; and of course, the clocking on the tri ring would need to be altered above the booster so again the same issue.

I haven’t dove into Luke’s saber from the Leia training scene (just Leias’) from ROS but that could be a candidate to explore

Yeah the mom with the threading turned back - 120° has a 1mm gap between the booster and plays loosely; and if I were props I’d be concerned about it slipping around freely for a scene. It would be a no go (if I were in that position anyway) and the same would be applicable for other loose-pommel sabers.

The dueling extension on the VV is a bit too long and would need to be cut down; and of course, the clocking on the tri ring would need to be altered above the booster so again the same issue.

I haven’t dove into Luke’s saber from the Leia training scene (just Leias’) from ROS but that could be a candidate to explore
I've looked, but haven't seen any good shots of the hilt in RoS. Then I don't have the same eye for detail that you do.

We don’t have much for the Luke/Leia scene..

I see the same silver collar on the ahsoka hilts too

We don’t have much for the Luke/Leia scene..

I see the same silver collar on the ahsoka hilts too
I guess it had an additional rotoscoping (mostly) the whole time too so a hidden blade extension is possible

Last edited:
I want to thank everyone for the kind words. I appreciate it.
I used "creepy uncle " to describe the emitter. I should have said tlj "style emitter"
SethS it is your fault.
I agree with TC, don't take my word for it. Keep on keeping on guys. When i can spill the beans you'll be the first to know. But Im pretty sure you will figure it out. It is my bad for coming on here telling you something i can't talk much about.
We are all striving for accuracy. Its one of the best things we do on here.

I want to thank everyone for the kind words. I appreciate it.
I used "creepy uncle " to describe the emitter. I should have said tlj "style emitter"
SethS it is your fault.
I agree with TC, don't take my word for it. Keep on keeping on guys. When i can spill the beans you'll be the first to know. But Im pretty sure you will figure it out. It is my bad for coming on here telling you something i can't talk much about.
We are all striving for accuracy. Its one of the best things we do on here.
Well... Maybe we're asking the wrong questions. Maybe if we ask "SO, Coolhanluked, if YOU were going to have a personal Luke saber, screen accurate to Mando, what would YOU own?" Hahahah! Did that work? Likely not. haha I can't wait until you can talk about it!

I think we can at least concede that the Rylo geometry matches even if it definitely is not a Rylo reveal.
View attachment 1432333

I can’t express enough how unlikely a perfect mirror lineup is- even at the wrong focal angle- unless it is the same thing

Bryan, I don't agree. I see differences. Look at the arrows: the shape is very different. And not everything aligns neatly. Combined with what cool CHL said I'd say the Rylo is ruled out?

Roy

I believe the buttons are glued on the Rylo Reveal so they could potentially move? Owner correct me if I’m mistaken.

This ones for Sundowner ’s point.
View attachment 1432528
Blur and view angle aside- aligned next to the the screencap. boochydog ’s Rylo photo
roygilsing
(This one is the better representation for the control box itself)
The sticky hand-cut vinyl arrows that Rylo included in addition to those other acrylic arrows.

76B959EB-CC40-45DF-9215-E4ABF038883D.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back