Luke's Lightsaber Mando series finale.

Not being unappreciative. I 100% believe he saw what he saw and enjoy hearing the behind the scenes stuff from CHL. It’s just that in this case the photo evidence is contradictory. I’m not saying it’s definitely a Rylo, but I am saying the belt hanger is not a creepy uncle. I‘ve also been passed info from others in production about involvement and prop sourcing.

I’ve been in plenty of scenarios where I’ve asked people to take my word for something because I have production files or photo evidence I can’t share. No one has to take my word for it.

Obviously this means, at some point, the design was changed after he saw them. Like the guy before me said, maybe his comment helped accuracy

I'm just surprised at the type of response from others, it's not very validating and I'm afraid of burning bridges.

Neat thing is, this means it might have details from a few hilts and be it's own little monster

I think coolhanluked is exactly that- cool. I’m happy he is able to share what he can, and I’m stoked that a real fan and ‘one of us’ is part of the team making some of the best Star Wars stories.

Having an ‘inside man’ from the RPF puts all of us 1 degree closer to being there ourselves.

Stay cool coolhanluked.

Saying this as someone who has brought a lot of production info in from various projects, and been fought tooth and nail on most of them? Healthy skepticism is more than acceptable on these boards. It isn’t an “all or nothing.”
CoolHandLuke’s story could be 100% true, he could have seen Creepy Uncle sabers, and those can still very possibly not be the sabers they used. What I don’t understand is the use of that to discredit the possibility of the final saber we see being a Rylo. Just my opinion.

By "Creepy uncle" do you mean lukyanov's run, or just Last Jedi style?

And thank you for all your insight BTW!

You nicked named the TLJ Luke lightsaber the creepy uncle, which lukyanov used for his sabers name

I believe CHL is referring To the TLJ saber you nicked named

And he means production didnt use lukyanov’s creepy uncle

On that note, watched a lot of 4K slow-mo and I’m pretty sure I really do see (and confirm) a raised second ring on the emitter before the blade tube begins (during the fx/stunt sequences)Per the commentary that totally makes sense. Also by elimination the tri ring position doesn’t represent either the Romans or Lukyanov’s (based on the white glove hilt as far as I recall) nor the ring spacing and thickness so it does seem to be a variant. Leftover from TLJ or ROS makes a lot of sense for this case in both a geometry and economy sense.
Well Done Thumbs Up GIF by Team Coco

Last edited:
On that note, watched a lot of 4K slow-mo and I’m pretty sure I really do see (and confirm) a raised second ring on the emitter before the blade tube begins (during the fx/stunt sequences)Per the commentary that totally makes sense. Also by elimination the tri ring position doesn’t represent either the Romans or Lukyanov’s (based on the white glove hilt as far as I recall) nor the ring spacing and thickness so it does seem to be a variant. Leftover from TLJ or ROS makes a lot of sense for this case in both a geometry and economy sense.
Couldn't the tri-ring position be changed on most models? All they would need to do stop the pommel cube at the desired position. I wouldn't consider the tri-ring position to be a rule out criteria for any model that allows any rotation of the pommel cubes.

Couldn't the tri-ring position be changed on most models? All they would need to do stop the pommel cube at the desired position. I wouldn't consider the tri-ring position to be a rule out criteria for any model that allows any rotation of the pommel cubes.
Most models in consideration have the pommel cube geometry modeled in and connected to the main body to ensure the clocking is correct (unlike the Rylo reveal which was fully rotatable) others are threaded and typically not designed to be re-oriented cleanly/ reliably if that was the case (‘timing shim’ or thread lock required leaving a noticeable gap... maybe not seen in fast sequences but certainly in hand would be undesirable)

Most models in consideration have the pommel cube geometry modeled in and connected to the main body to ensure the clocking is correct (unlike the Rylo reveal which was fully rotatable) others are threaded and typically not designed to be re-oriented cleanly/ reliably if that was the case
Plus why bother changing the tri-ring position on a stunt that is not intended to hang on the belt? My thinking was even your MoM has the ability to rotate the pommel cubes, so it's possible they changed the position, or potentially the threading came loose during the stunt filming and showed in a different position, or whatever they had for internals was too big like Adam's recent video for the MoM crystal chamber video, haha.

Was it you I was talking to about VV?

I was talking to someone this week about the silver collar at the bottom of the blade

Eeerrrrr let me figure out how to attach this

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back