Luke's Lightsaber Mando series finale.

Here’s a pic of Baby Yoda to hide spoilers in the Tapatalk preview.

lol-baby-yodas-cookies-from-the-mandalorian-are-a-2-24287-1606255831-24_dblbig.jpg

I’d have preferred an idealized V2, but they seem intent on consistency (as much as the same design, and not the level of detail seen here in these forums), and the Hero is more recognizable to the layman as “Luke’s lightsaber”.

I was really impressed with what I saw it really looks like the hero in these shots. There's a lot of detail consistent with what we saw on screen in the ISYHCANL closeup.
I've basically sold out of v2 at this point. So, if I can get some good references in the coming months, this might be my new Luke project ;)

I just posted this in the Mando ref thread—

Given the color of the blade, the ambient light being given off, and the fact the enemies were all CG, I am pretty sure this is a practical lit stunt in every shot.

Maybe it’s the one used in the TROS flashback, or maybe it’s built fresh by the Mando team. Either way, I think, even with a close up, it’s design is probably functional as a stunt first, and a representation of the ROTJ hero second.

Small black buttons, arrow placement, and large tri-ring reminds me of the Elstree in a way.

Does indeed seem to have some of those features with the larger screws and slightly elongated triangles.

The black step below the final grenade ring seems to be enlongated in comparison to other versions.

Given the color of the blade, the ambient light being given off, and the fact the enemies were all CG, I am pretty sure this is a practical lit stunt in every shot.

Maybe it’s the one used in the TROS flashback, or maybe it’s built fresh by the Mando team. Either way, I think, even with a close up, it’s design is probably functional as a stunt first, and a representation of the ROTJ hero second.

I think it's something from the recent films, too. The emitter looks to be recessed around the nipple.

We never got a great look at the one used in the TROS flashback, which was also likely only a stunt given it was just in that one sequence.

I swear in one scene there isn’t any cgi on the blade and just the green tube

I have to try and screen grab it tonight

Camera is far way looking down the hallway and he brings the saber over his head to chop down. There’s like no white in the middle of the blade, looks like a solid green tube

What the hell do I know though I still can’t see sh7t lol

I'm glad I already watched the episode before coming to the forum. Unfortunately, Tapatalk is spoiling your spoiler!

You can turn that feature off in the settings I figured out how to do that right before ep9 came out, the app showed a pic of the emp healed and shooting lightning

Glad I did change it

I swear in one scene there isn’t any cgi on the blade and just the green tube

I have to try and screen grab it tonight

Camera is far way looking down the hallway and he brings the saber over his head to chop down. There’s like no white in the middle of the blade, looks like a solid green tube

What the hell do I know though I still can’t see sh7t lol
I thought/saw the same thing. When he first appears-- I don't think you're wrong at all! That's actually why I think what I do. I suppose maybe the literal belt-hanging scene could be a static, but I am willing to bet, like the newer ST sabers made with 3D printing involved, that it is basically the same design as the stunt.

I HEARBY DUB IT THE MANDO-LUKE

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back