Luke's Lightsaber Mando series finale.

I don’t think the tri-ring is actually seen in this photograph. I zoomed in on this frame on my computer and that triangle just looks like the light on Luke’s sleeve. I think the prop is just laying on his leg, and the tri-ring in in the same orientation as when he’s in the bamboo forest.
youre right!! thats the reflection of the belt clip!

I say this a million times in the guide, but when it comes to props there are always multiples of everything. ALWAYS. We have belt hangers, stunt sabers, special gag sabers… and any point and time one could break, get dropped, fail in its duties, so there has to be back ups. Throw these on a cart, and take literal days to shoot a scene that may only be a few minutes long and you may have a different prop in each shot.

I say this a million times in the guide, but when it comes to props there are always multiples of everything. ALWAYS. We have belt hangers, stunt sabers, special gag sabers… and any point and time one could break, get dropped, fail in its duties, so there has to be back ups. Throw these on a cart, and take literal days to shoot a scene that may only be a few minutes long and you may have a different prop in each shot.
Right! I’ve seen it happen, and it’s quite funny. Still bothers me when the belt hanger and the stunt aren’t versions of the same hilt, like in the order 66 flashback. The hero is a new original design, and the stunt is Luke Skywalker’s hilt. I just think that’s funny, and in a different league than subtle differences in the same character’s prop.

I got some better screen shots of the armour/fabric, armour looks to be starndard 1in5 mail, with maybe a 5mm ID ring size

I made a pattern tile for the fabric that can be printed onto fabric on a site like fabprint

Not sure on the over all size of the piece. Or the type of fabric, I’m not in the know about such things, I’d guess a cotton or calico.

7DCB8550-F67A-439E-A938-0BACF2AFCF8B.jpeg

E0B2BC26-0E71-4DA2-AF34-EA4B141454FF.jpeg

F189249A-7963-4157-A11E-91098A5752CE.jpeg

EDD1AAB8-1A1B-4B9A-8A01-4226E4A16EE6.jpeg

7D0B32C8-912D-4531-87D5-7FE139B5F79F.jpeg

Well I don’t really know much about fabric at all. it does look tribal or ethnic, but it could also be Japanese? polynician, African?? I’ve no idea, but I plan to get some printed up at some point, ti seems quite cheap to do,
thats the words i should have gone with, something you would see in Tunisia

thats the words i should have gone with, something you would see in Tunisia
Just notice grogu’s armour has a deep v. On the side facing Luke. It’s not clear if it’s a v neck or an opening in the back, I guess he need to be able to get into to. Maybe it will be come clearer next week.

someone on facebook posted that link for the fabric:
Thanks - that looks really close, but the cloth in the screen caps looks to have a sharper out line, the pattern is the same but the outline looks more sketched. But it does give the name of the pattern. Great lead

119A5F23-F899-4945-B4A4-569F6FA5A9E1.jpeg

DF9254E8-AC0E-4DBB-AA1D-19E37DE380FE.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back