Luke's Lightsaber Mando series finale.

Five years and Luke hasn't gotten his hand fixed yet?

He never gets his hand fixed, that’s why it’s a bare-metal robot hand in TROS.

2 fun facts:

1) I guess they didn’t want to pay to CGI Luke’s robot hand in TROS because he never uses his right hand and you never actually see his right hand (he keeps it down between his robes and cloak the entire time).

2) Mark Hamill is actually left handed, so it makes sense that he catches his lightsaber and raises his x-wing with his left hand.

Agreed if it's a current prop it's been modified. Do we have a good shot of the TROS stunt to compare? SethS that's what I'm hoping is that they focus on Luke for part of episode 16 for the Gallery. Guess we'll find out then unless we get higher res shots before then. It'll still be fun to discuss until then.

He never gets his hand fixed, that’s why it’s a bare-metal robot hand in TROS.

2 fun facts:

1) I guess they didn’t want to pay to CGI Luke’s robot hand in TROS because he never uses his right hand and you never actually see his right hand (he keeps it down between his robes and cloak the entire time).

2) Mark Hamill is actually left handed, so it makes sense that he catches his lightsaber and raises his x-wing with his left hand.
But if Anakin was restored as a Force ghost, shouldn't Luke get his hand back? Hahahaha...

And you're right, it's robotic in the TFA flashback. Post Jedi it's at least still partly fleshy. Maybe he kept it the way it was as that constant reminder of the mistakes his father made?

Agreed if it's a current prop it's been modified. Do we have a good shot of the TROS stunt to compare? SethS that's what I'm hoping is that they focus on Luke for part of episode 16 for the Gallery. Guess we'll find out then unless we get higher res shots before then. It'll still be fun to discuss until then.

And you KNOW those jerks will wait until the last episode to do it!

Five years and Luke hasn't gotten his hand fixed yet?

This has always bothered the hell out of me in any EU stuff where he's still kept his hand as it was in RotJ. Did everyone forget it was covered in a Terminator-like flesh that registered pain like it was his real hand? Keeping it would be utter misery; it would never heal and it would be like having a permanent open wound. I imagine that if you stripped it off it would be like peeling flesh off your own hand down to the bone.

Wouldn't the scar where the prosthesis on his wrist or a patch on the back of his hand be a reminder enough of what he's been through rather than a gaping, perpetual gangrenous flesh wound?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that the Gallery thing for season 2 is going to be a one hour event thing. Not multiple episodes like the first one. I don’t have high hopes they’ll get into the nitty gritty with the costumes and props.

We may have to just wait for the Visual Dictionary and hope it’s in there.

Def. looks Elstree inspired... early analysis (and obvious diversions) indicates the Mando production made it ala-cart via referencing the available online digital assets... as it is slightly differently detailed.

to me it looks like
1. A control box-less practical lighting FX stunt combat hilt with blade and CU depth emitter ala the prequel stunts

2. Followed by an (lucky for the recently re-sold Norank) Elstree inspired static belt-hanger. Their late-game pieces might have a legitimate reason to be desirable now due to their heavy influence.

Suffice to say between grenade ring sizing, control box variance, emitter cup depth, and tri ring location I don’t think it’s an actual Norank but a uniquely inspired MandoLukian saber.

Which is exactly why they did it. The same way CW and Rebels “fixed” the PT, these post ROTJ shows will give us what we actually wanted out of the ST. Bad-ass Luke was the top of that list for most everyone.
Couldn't agree more! This was Favreau and Filoni's way of giving us a Luke Skywalker scene after ROTJ that we've all been wanting to see. I love how these two are such fans of the franchise and it shows.

Def. looks Elstree inspired... early analysis (and obvious diversions) indicates the Mando production made it ala-cart via referencing the available online digital assets... as it is slightly differently detailed.

to me it looks like
1. A control box-less practical lighting FX stunt combat hilt with blade and CU depth emitter ala the prequel stunts

2. Followed by an (lucky for the recently re-sold Norank) Elstree inspired static belt-hanger. Their late-game pieces might have a legitimate reason to be desirable now due to their heavy influence.

Suffice to say between grenade ring sizing, control box variance, emitter cup depth, and tri ring location I don’t think it’s an actual Norank but a uniquely inspired MandoLukian saber.

Seems spot on. Belt hanger shares many of the features seen in these photos of the Norank shared a while ago here by steven giunta

Control box seems especially inspired by this one, down to the more central placement of the switches.

steven giunta said:
258abada-2cd6-42f0-a53d-c53f42129701-jpeg.jpg

8c02a3f1-6883-4ddb-a99c-c6d0268a0c07-jpeg.jpg

887ae19a-2c4e-44f8-86b9-627e9a88a8e9-jpeg.jpg

f5b4e834-7e8e-44d0-b26f-95ed91bc6c7c-jpeg.jpg

6c39af59-956e-4cc5-b92a-b9c1c758c5ab-jpeg.jpg

Here are photos posted a few years ago,someone was selling a production made saber made by Norank. To me it looks like an early replica,some parts look good but others like the fat rings just don’t seem correct.

to me it looks like

love that term "Mandolukian"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back