SPOILER Is this the NEW Proton Pack?

I do like the proton pack. I DO NOT like the new ecto1, though:

CJW6vnDWcAATGo5.jpg large.jpg

^ yup i don't like it either... i have come to the conclusion you can't have ghostbusters without the 80s grunge. and 80s grunge doesn't fit in this world today, i refer to this day and age as "sleek" everything smooth and clean... just not feeling anything with this movie..

I actually really like it. That might be in part due to my expectations of them making the pack too sleek, like it had been designed in a computer and custom machined. But I'm really glad they stuck to the "junk drawer build" look that made 80's sci-fi props so awesome. My one major nitpick would be that they should've put the rectangular drawer on the top and the circular part on the bottom, to further invoke the overall gestalt of the original.

Everything else about the movie looks to be a hot mess, but at the very least we got a pretty cool alternative proton pack prop to build! Now I'm interested in seeing what the trap and PKE meter look like.

Not all about that either.Guess i should just be happy it's not some white vacuform sleek cover over it, or like an iMac case integrated in there instead of the stupid toolbox or air diffuser.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back