Splitting armor

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

HappySalesman

Have a quick question. To get my daedric armor to fit properly (and to even get some pieces on for that matter) i'm going to have to cut some pieces in half to allow my various body parts to slip through.

For those that have made armor via pepakura and bondo, do you make the cut before or after bondo?

Thanks

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Fozzy74

You definitely want to cut he armor after you have finished the pep, resin fiberglass stage. This will give you a solid structure that can be cut and the pieces will align after cutting. As far as cutting after the bondo stage, I have found this to be little problematic where the bondo chips, even thin layers. Just treat your "mating" edges accordingly. I am using door edge guard (from auto parts store) and rubber hose (from the auto parts store) for mine. You might be ok, as I think the daedric armour is not really smooth and the edge should be able to be hidden, can't remember haven't played the game in awhile.
Also, you might want to use some "indexing" points along the edge, to help the 2 edges align properly. I was going to use pieces of dowel in one side and a some sort of connection hole on the other edge. A lot of people use magnets for "Inexing" also.
Hope this helps.

Fozzy74

No problem! Had to buy a bunch of cutoff wheels myself today. Although I think my Dremel is on its way out. Can't bring myself to buy a new one, had it for 15 years. Have fun!!!!