Spitter-Hunter painted

Yes, these kits aren't what we are used to seeing (simply because NARIN takes the cake) but I kind of like them for the... "different take"... on the speices and the design.

As for for the paint... eh, it's alright.

:) I KEED, I KEED Joe, you just blow my mind with the patterns and such that you utilize when painting these kits. This one especially. I totally dig what you have done with the striped application. :)

The sculptor's got a pretty loose style compared to Narin's super clean stuff. There's a place for that, though, and although it's just not what gets MY nipples hard, I'm sure there's a lot of people that do like it.

This looks like a pretty simple paint app compared to some of your other stuff, and it's still the best around! Dying to see your work on the Hellbreed...

The sculptor's got a pretty loose style compared to Narin's super clean stuff. There's a place for that, though, and although it's just not what gets MY nipples hard, I'm sure there's a lot of people that do like it.

This looks like a pretty simple paint app compared to some of your other stuff, and it's still the best around! Dying to see your work on the Hellbreed...

Your right Justin. With Narin posting his work here and providing the sneak peeks and all, we've all become rather spoiled.
The reality is though, he is the benchmark that all others are measured by good or bad.

John

Personally, I don't do kits (No patience as it is) so I have no basis to with which to speak. With that, I kind of dig this overall concept. Instant feelings are a psychotic, Heath Ledger Joker kind of Bad Blood (With a big-ass gun, lol). Frankly, love the bio concept; psychotic freaky. Joe, you did another great paint up that, in my mind at least, pulled out the redeeming qualities in the sculpt...

I can see the bigger picture with all of them together as a force to be dealt with.Its not the normal tribe look but more and more i can see the regular predator look subject to change to something like this.Look at the stealth mask sideshow made, it has that appeal to it.Very cool work guys!!!

Joe, I've just gotta ask, what color/brand paint is that reddish metallic you used on the helmet/shin-guards/all ovover the place? It looks great! I'm looking for some inspiration on breaking up the usual silvers/golds/coppers and stuff.

I also apologize for the gratuitous use of backslashes in this post. Totally unnecessary.

Personally, I like this kit, the concept, the muscle, the pose and the helmet except the painting.
The style of this kit has a great difference compared with Narin's, I can't to say anyone is better. They have their talent, skill and style.
I am agreed with John, Narin is the benchmark that all others are measured by good or bad. Actually, Narin is a world top sculptor, not a newbie and started his work over 10 years ago. Narin is a famous brand.
I never see and can't to image / link up the 'Predator' with this tonality. I think nobody like the 'Bad Blood' or 'Death Warrior' with this painting style and tonality. Painting is very important, it can pulled out the redeeming qualities in the sculpt, or make it nothing like.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back