Spirited Away Dōsojin Statue (download)

jarvis

Sr Member
Watching Spirited away on a rainy afternoon I decided to model this little guy with the intention of printing him and casting him in concrete. Put him in the garden to grow moss. He's supposed to ward off evil spirits.

If you'd like to do the same, here's your chance:

Dosojin.OBJ

lower res. version:
smallDosojin.obj

spirited-away-disneyscreencaps.com-458.jpg
dosojin1.jpg

View attachment 1015772
photobooth.253.png
photobooth.254.png

Last edited:
Oh snap! Thank you so much for sharing your model! I just stumbled across this randomly...I've always wanted one of these statues, and this is an excellent representation of it.

Did you ever end up casting it in concrete? I can't quite tell what material I'm looking at in these photos...it almost looks like a CG render, but then the surface it's sitting on makes it look physical...

Thanks, Glad you like it. I haven't gotten around to printing one out yet, you're right it's just a render so far. If you print one, make sure to post a pic!

Resurrecting this old thread because I finally got a 3D printer, and your Dōsojin was one of the first things I printed! I've attached a photo here.

The first one I made was a 1:1 representation of your 3D model (on the right), then I printed a second one with slightly squashed proportions (on the left) because I thought that the statue in the actual movie screenshots looked more squat than the first print. Honestly, I can't decide which one I like better. Maybe I should split the difference?

Either way, if you'd like me to send you one, I would be happy to! The larger one is only 4.5" tall, so it wouldn't be too much trouble to ship. It seems like the least I can do for your generosity in sharing your 3D model.

Attachments

• PXL_20201019_023458307.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20201019_023458307.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 200
Just saw this. They turned out great! Nice prints. I like the squashed one too. Very generous to offer to send one, really nice of you but I've printed a few as well, thanks!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back