Spirit Blade Painted

mangrasshopper

hi guys,
Here is my paint up of Narin's Spirit Blade kit. Stands 15" tall with base.
3803-sb3.jpg
3802-sb4.jpg

3801-sb5.jpg
3800-sb6.jpg

3796-sb10.jpg
3793-sb13.jpg

sb1.jpg

So fast paint up!!! Very nice worlk like ever you did,personally like other version of paint more than this one,

What is there to say……….
As always a great job, and man those metallic’s…… so real like.

Goddamnit! I started mine over a week ago, and ya know what color I painted the scabbard on his hip? Red and gold... Figures...

Oh, well. This is the new standard for how this kit should look!

Bee-Tee-Dub, are you still using porcupine quills, Joe? How do you get them to bend like that? They look great like that!

No doubt another great job!

PD= Anyone know what has happened to the paintings Fresstyle, they sold in kitbuilder

I have a ton of it that I don't use for my airbrush anymore... The paint particles are just too big and CONSTANTLY clog the airbrush... All the pieces I've painted so far were done with Freestyle paints, and with a routinely inconsistent line coming from the brush... So! I'm back to using my old Liquitex artist paints, where the pigment is much finer, and the results are just ridic... BUT! That's just my take on them!

As far as I heard, Kitbuilders was going out of business or being sold or something? John told me that someone else is taking over the distribution of the paints but I can't remember where he said to go... Sorry! Hopefully he drops in his 2 cents.

Thanks guys, just fine color like to replace the Garage kits color paint (life tones) are same or similar lines of color, I mean maybe its same product with different name, anyway I paint some models and never have problem so far, just order 2 nuance raw amber colors now with different name, so for those interested and see all color contact http://www.garagekitsuscolors.com.

Thanks again for help
Rick

It may be easy for some to be blasé when they have seen the consistent high quality of your buildups over so many years. The fact is, you are a special talent Joe. There are but a handful of people throughout the world that have your talent and abilities.

Combining your planning and execution with that of Narin’s creates works of art that will be in the premier division for all time. I consider myself extremely fortunate to own many of your pieces.

Wonderful job Joe. Thanks for posting.

Ian/Spike.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back