SPINDRIFT (LAND OF THE GIANTS)

Thermalized Plastics

A couple of friends from the prop board asks me to post this here. I don't know if you would call it a prop or a Studio Model?

Greetings. It's been a long time. I wanted to post a project I've just started. Hope to get it in silicone soon and start pulling parts. If you don't know what this is - it is the Spindrift from Land of the Giants, 1/1scale... If you where a giant that is. Ok, how many of us would go out and put their model in the grass and pretend that they are the giant finding the ship in the park. Come on...well anyway, I plan on making it out of fiberglass and resin parts using brass honeycomb grills and brass parts for the antenna. The intakes and windows are going to be lighted. The engine and dome will have pulsating lights. If you have any questions let me know. More pictures to come as I progress on the project. Enjoy. :D

Thanks,
Thermal

:love

220504025.jpg

220504044.jpg

220504039.jpg

220504064.jpg

220504049.jpg

220503522.jpg

223401351.jpg

223401347.jpg

223401335.jpg

223400245.jpg

223400231.jpg

223400225.jpg

223400218.jpg

223400211.jpg

I saw this in the "props" section a few weeks ago and thought it was the most refreshing thing I've seen anyone do (model wise) in a very long time, but now seeing it painted, I'm completely amazed how well it came out. An absolutely fantastic job and I hope to see more projects from you in the future. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alteregos @ Feb 15 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1419681[/snapback]</div>
I saw this in the "props" section a few weeks ago and thought it was the most refreshing thing I've seen anyone do (model wise) in a very long time, but now seeing it painted, I'm completely amazed how well it came out. An absolutely fantastic job and I hope to see more projects from you in the future. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
[/b]

Well said.. :D

I'm not sure which thing I'm more jealous of..the model, or the pristine shop it's in. All white cabinets and not an ounce of overspray paint...saw dust...resin dust...bondo dust...you sure that's real? :)

Great model. Really nice.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back