Spike Spiegel shoulder holster build

Sandman0077

Sr Member
**MOVED FROM PROPS TO COSTUMES**

I was looking to start a new leather project and have been wanting a shoulder holster for my Jericho 941 semi compact. Decided to do Spike's but can't really find any reference pictures. The only ones I can find are of his Contender holster from the episode 'Sympathy for the Devil' which looks like this:

Conceptart.jpg

I know he has one for his Jericho because you can see him pull it out from under his jacket on numerous occasions, but they never show it (to my knowledge). I will just begin with the dubbed 'Contender holster' because it is left-handed (as am I).

First things first, create a mannequin with my dimensions. Had my wife wrap me in duct tape so it would be just my size. Looks a bit silly but it's effective:
IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

Then moved on to the paper stencil:
IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

Cut all the pieces out of black leather (saves me from having to dye it black):
IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

After almost completing the shoulder rig, I realized I had the wrong type of buckle, so I will have to stop by the thrift store sometime next week (after payday lol) and see if I can pick on up. I can start of the holster and mag pouches though.

Also, I MAY go back and sew the top cross strap instead of keeping the rivets. Going from a concealment side of things, it may show through because it is stacked on top of itself. Unfortunately there will be holes where the rivets are but that can't be helped. No one's supposed see it though, right?

Thanks guys. This will probably be the last shoulder holster I make. Very aggrivating having to go back and forth trying to make exact measurements. Its fun working with the leather and its coming along nicely though :)

Ran into a hicup with the magazine pouches. I measured the leather wrong and the magazines barely fit. Not removable with one hand so I either have to redo this piece or stretch it out more but its becoming difficult. Urg..

All that's left is the snap on the retention strap. Fun build and was good practice with my leathering skills. Never plan on cosplaying Spike but its cool to have I suppose haha.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back