SpideyPlanet Spider-Man Costume

charliehall03

Has anyone purchased one of these? I emailed the guy and he said that he doesn't sell them, but he sells kits. They're pretty pricey, but the suit is AMAZING quality. So, has anyone here bought one of these? How hard is it to assemble? Are there any problems? Is it worth the money?

http://spideyplanet.com/

The guy emailed me info on the kit in a PDF. I can't put the file on here, so i'll tell you what it says.

Create your own Spidey suit!
Since the beginning of the website I received so many costume requests that I couldnʼt take any
more orders. The KIT gives you the opportunity to make the spidey costume yourself, containing all
the materials and information you need. All research, development and knowledge that took me 3
years to achieve is put in one box.

spideykit.jpg

Contents SpideyPlanet.com Costume KIT:
- Red fabric, printed with muscle shading, brick pattern, and web lines.
- Blue fabric, printed with muscle shading and brick pattern.
- Webs, molded in black urethane.
- Eyeframes, molded in plastic.
- Front spider, molded in black urethane.
- Back spider, molded in red urethane.
- 3 layer lenses, airbrushed.
- Urethane-paint, metallic graphite.
- Plastic-paint, metallic black.
- Special zipper.
- Foam rubber.
- Short manual.
Please be aware of the fact that making a costume like this requires skills. Experience in making
clothing is not crucial, sewing is not as hard as many think. What you really need is creativity, time
(weeks at least) and the will to finish it. There are a few small things you will have to afford yourself.
All information on what you need and where to get it will be included. Important is to have a
serger/overlocker to your command.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was going to buy one of these but i diddnt have the money and i diddnt wana screw up when glueing the webs

i would look in to the spidey4fun stuff. if i remember right the full suit put together was around 800. raised webbing included. i picked up a set of his eye frames and some urethane spiders and they are really really well done.

i did purchase one. yes, it's a patience thing, but if you like to build your suits, you should have fun, i sure did.

dont hesitate if you got questions. good luck!

IMG_0606copy.jpg

IMG_0613_resize.jpg

IMG_0603_resize.jpg

I've heard the webbing comes off often when you wear it, so there's constant repair unless it's a static prop. The pictures Batcouille posted look pretty freak'n fantastic. Spidey4Fun may be your only other option, I don't know what he charges, but I remember seeing a number of pics of his stuff and it looks good too.

I was going to buy one of his suits I tried but he only wanted to send me the kit and I was not going to pay $1000 on something I could mess up. And you know the webs will come off with use. I do agree they are better looking but I bought my suit for $800 and I don't have to worry about the webs falling off.

spiderman3front.jpg

You get what you pay for when it comes to spidey suits. Yuri's suit is now the Most accurate available suit on the market. The down side is you have to put it together, He also dose his prints separately. The same way prints where done in spidey 2, other makers print everything together even OVDH1 did this.

The problem I have with the suit's is the fact of how imitating the idea of sewing the red to the blue is I've been sewing for years & I still make mistakes on occasion.

IF you want the best in the prop world that cost money. Also get a decent face shell with the suit.

http://theheroeslocker.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1425845

i like that one. theheroeslocker has a movie suit, but with 2d webs. if i was gonna do that, id just buy the comic suit. i dont like the look of the 2d webs

I really like this one too! With the recent influx of spidey threads, I was looking for a comic style. I wish their pictures weren't broken. I really want to see what kind of eye lenses they have cuz I really like the Jim Lee spidey style.

I emailed them and asked for the pix to be repaired last night =)
I didn't notice the Frames and Symbols page before - Very cool. Anyone buy from them before?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back