Spidey Eye Frames and Lenses

rockeagle2001

Hey people,

i was wondering, where can i get spidey eye frames and lenses? i have my spidey suit but unfortunately, people can see my eyes under the mask. i recently got a faceshell from AZ (fantastic job!) and it has gone a long way to help me see. ive been asking brad but unfortunately havent had luck with the replies. itll be great if you guys could advice me on the frames and lenses though! thanks!

Check your PM. I have one pair of movie style mesh ones I don't need and don't plan to use.

I'm currently sculpting some of my own design as I always thought the Raimi movie ones were too thin and angular looking. Very close to casting them.

Check your PM. I have one pair of movie style mesh ones I don't need and don't plan to use.

I'm currently sculpting some of my own design as I always thought the Raimi movie ones were too thin and angular looking. Very close to casting them.

Panda do you know how to make the frames? I'm looking to make some costume lens for my new venom costume.

The simplest technique I have seen is some people using one or two layers of "fun foam", cutting out the eye shapes, then the mesh is glued from behind. That's the lowest budget version.

The next version would be cutting sheets of urethane rubber, found at McMaster Carr. Mesh glued behind, then glued to the mask.

The more elaborate would be sculpted lens frames in clay / scratch build, then cast in plastic / urethane. Some common mesh types used are industrial fine mesh, metal coffee filters or fry pan splatter shields. These can be painted white / silver on the outside and black on the inside to make your eyes less visible.

Most people glue from behind, some have made the removable ones. For event use, I think I will be gluing mine. I'm picky and don't want to risk them showing up crooked in photos. :)

I personally never really liked the Raimi movie lenses (little too small, too thin), so I have been sculpting / building my own lens frame design from scratch for my personal suit. My frames are slightly larger, but not as large as the comic type eye shapes. The lower corner is rounder and the rear tips are more "swoopy" than the Raimi lenses, but have bevelled edges unlike some of the comic style shapes I have seen. To me, this is how I would have created the "idealized" movie style lens. Sort of taking my favorite elements of the various designs and combining them into one.

I have finished sculpting mine and will be casting some urethane ones for my suit. I will post some pics soon!

Sorry to derail the thread. :)

Last edited:
for mine, i sculpt masters out of clay. then i mold them, and cast replicas in plastic. i also heat up the frames, and bend them over an AZSpidey face shell to give a nice curve to them.

8397eeda.jpg

for mine, i sculpt masters out of clay. then i mold them, and cast replicas in plastic. i also heat up the frames, and bend them over an AZSpidey face shell to give a nice curve to them.

8397eeda.jpg

The style 3rd from the left is awesome!! If you do a run, let me know. If the price is fair, without mesh, I would like three pairs.

@Photoionizing, Your Mask & Your Lenses are Just PERFECTION !! Just like The JRJr One !!
Btw, Hope you'll post more pics of it & make some new masks & different lenses style in the future !! :D

Those frames look awesome. I was just wondering if you make cast the frames with liquid plastic, do place something into a mold, or do you usually shape them out of clay

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back