spiderman lenses ?

SPDOmegaRanger

where can i get a pair of those cool eyes we see on both spiderman movies, ive checked ebay and nothing, so im just wondering where can a webhead get a pair and where from, any help is appreciated

The best way to make the lenses is to sculpt the frames, or to get them from someone who already has. Use some clear vinyl for the lense area, do a little bit of black airbrushing on the outside edges that will but up to the frames. Get some silver screen mesh, I suggest going to a target or wal-mart and heading to the cooking area. Find sifters and get a few of those. Cut the eye shaped mesh out of those and put them in behind the clear vinyl, glue it all together and your good to go.

OAKLEY CUSTOM MADE THE ORIGINALS FOR THE FILMS...

Originally posted by SPDOmegaRanger@Apr 14 2006, 11:49 AM
why oakleys ? ive seen some that are created with all the stuff around the lenses i need both lol
[snapback]1226382[/snapback]​

I don't think it was ever easy to find accurate lenses. The frames, maybe. TDR has a good point about making the lenses yourself. Post something in the prop thread about the frames. I know there a bunch of people that don't read this part of the forum at all. One thing though, the originals had mesh fabric in the lenses, not metal screen. It's like those halloween masks you can buy with the black fabric that lets you see out but no one can see in, except in this case it's white.

go to oakley.com and buy their football helmet shields... then you can cut whatever eye lens size ya need...

as its been said make the frames yourself and cut the shield to the size needed...

good luck.
NWJEDI
dave

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back