Spider-Man Zentai Mask Help (Not Fitting Properly)

RadioHandy

928F07C9-EC79-4DF0-B60B-4DE09C920744.jpeg4DEA1D78-91B2-49F0-BDE5-5685EB6B75F1.jpeg4F1EC579-FD51-412A-83DB-A1B376206D9D.jpegF61BD78B-8E10-4EB3-92F8-BB723CA490F1.jpegHi everyone, this is my first thread, and my first cosplay so bear with me.
—-
The short version of my situation is that I am trying to use a zentai/morph mask over a toy faceshell and it does not fit properly, the mask hangs loosely over my chin, and does not cling to my head, any advice as to what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this is coming a little late, but have you tried taking the mask in at the back? I’m using the same type of mask for my Spider-Man costume and I was having the same issue.

Basically, I cut two narrow triangle shapes out of the back of the mask (one on either side of the zipper just to keep everything even) and then sewed the open edges back together.
378fd1820be0a424dd30d996d3562700.jpg

(Please excuse the poor stitching - this was my first time sewing anything ever.)

I did the piece on the left first, hence it looking a lot messier, then for the second piece I turned the mask inside out before stitching the edges together. (I looked at the other seams on the mask and tried my best to replicate them to make it as neat as possible.)

I’m surprised you didn’t receive any more advice before now - especially with the 350+ views you’ve had so far! - but I hope at least some of this is helpful (and makes sense.)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back