Spider-Man PS4 Classic Suit

Connerklein

Hey everyone! Lately I’ve been interested in cosplaying the Classic Suit from Marvel’s Spider-Man, as it’s my favorite interpretation of the original. To start, I’ve been looking at different fabrics; ones that share the same/similar texture. It seems like it could be polyester or something close to that, but there’s likely a closer match. Any help finding a similar fabric would be very much appreciated. Here are some pictures, however they certainly aren’t the best. I’ll try to get some better ones as soon as I can. Thanks!

Attachments

• 77F3612B-79B4-44EE-A4B8-40EAF7F3CC4E.jpeg
    77F3612B-79B4-44EE-A4B8-40EAF7F3CC4E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 560
  • 1493D1A2-2D35-4239-B4D6-650C3A5815A9.jpeg
    1493D1A2-2D35-4239-B4D6-650C3A5815A9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,221
You may get lucky browsing spandexworld's site. They do offer samples on almost all fabrics and I've gotten some from them in the past. In addition they have a huge selection of different kinds of fabrics I probably have at least 6-7 different red 4 way stretch fabrics from a more cotton blend to a more spandexy sorta feel.

You may get lucky browsing spandexworld's site. They do offer samples on almost all fabrics and I've gotten some from them in the past. In addition they have a huge selection of different kinds of fabrics I probably have at least 6-7 different red 4 way stretch fabrics from a more cotton blend to a more spandexy sorta feel.
Man I really appreciate this, although I wasn’t able to find what I was looking for. Upon doing more research, the fabric’s pattern looks similar to ballistic nylon or cordura. This website could definitely be useful for future projects though, thanks!

Alright so upon doing some more research, I’ve found that generally, materials with the pattern seen in the game usually aren’t ideal for something that requires flexibility. Among these is cordura, which has the closest texture I’ve seen yet. It comes in different deniers, with the lower denier giving more flexibility and breath ability. I’ve found different a variety of them: 1000 denier, 500 denier and 330. If anyone has any experience with this, it would be very much appreciated, as this area is very new to me. If I’m wrong about any of this, feel free to correct me! Below is the 500 denier in black cordura for reference.
4EB2C553-E04B-4BB4-9636-F3929CE7BFEE.jpeg

Hello friend! So the best source for fabrics like these can be found at parallellifestudios.com. I have used their fabrics to create a version of the games' Scarlet Spider II suit, as well as the aforementioned classic suit (I even have a new one I am working on now). You can check out my projects on my Instagram @cstat.spider (or @atxspider, I am changing the name tomorrow).
More important than my own work, you should also look up Cavin Creations and The Amazing Spider Lab. They do a ton of textured Spidey costumes which are really impressive.

Hello friend! So the best source for fabrics like these can be found at parallellifestudios.com. I have used their fabrics to create a version of the games' Scarlet Spider II suit, as well as the aforementioned classic suit (I even have a new one I am working on now). You can check out my projects on my Instagram @cstat.spider (or @atxspider, I am changing the name tomorrow).
More important than my own work, you should also look up Cavin Creations and The Amazing Spider Lab. They do a ton of textured Spidey costumes which are really impressive.
I’ve been looking into those sources quite a bit lately, especially The Amazing Spider Lab, since they posted their Ultimate Spider-Man textured suit on their instagram story, which has a pattern that’s identical to the one seen in the game. Thanks for the recommendation!

I’ve been looking into those sources quite a bit lately, especially The Amazing Spider Lab, since they posted their Ultimate Spider-Man textured suit on their instagram story, which has a pattern that’s identical to the one seen in the game. Thanks for the recommendation!
No problem! The closest that I have found to the game texture is Parallel Life Studios DP2 fabric, which is the same that I am using on the classic suit.

Cordura won't be any good for your purposes, as it is a very stiff fabric. I think your best bet, after screen printed fabrics (like Parallel Life Studios'), might be a bullet knit stretch fabric or another tight polyester weave (they also tend to be a little bit cheaper, and they come in bigger pieces).

Good luck!

If you happen to need accessories for your suit - I offer some stuff. Check out my IG tjackfx for details

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back