Spider-man: No way home costume thread *SPOILERS*

batfan10

Sr Member
Figure I'd make a thread about the costumes for no way home's costume as I just came out of the theatre.

Raimi's Spider-man suit is that the lenses look to be a bit bigger and the webs looks to be silkscreened (or a very thin latex

I’m really interested in Tom’s homemade suit, looks like a hybrid between the 3 spidey’s with some sort of really shiny blue fabric
Very much this too! I wish we got a better look at it. It does look like it carries over the general look (face wise) as the other Holland suits

Figure I'd make a thread about the costumes for no way home's costume as I just came out of the theatre.

Raimi's Spider-man suit is that the lenses look to be a bit bigger and the webs looks to be silkscreened (or a very thin latex
I noticed that too. Looks, at the very least, thiner and VERY consistent/even all around rather than the hand-made/hand glued webs from before. Lol I'm really questioning if there was ever a real shot of Tobey with the mask on, I think it might have always been CGI. The eyes look a lot whiter too instead of the silvery color with shading around the edges of the whites (which is a shame, I loved that effect). I hope they release individual character posters so we can get a better look.

If people were actually doing a quick costplay, lenses like this with a printed webbing and a raised spider would work really well!
fff14090ff3c03cb6c90ea9324b368c4.jpg

When I see the film again I want to try and focus on the suit a little more

Obviously Doc Ock's clothing is kinda different (he's actually wearing a shirt now), but unless my memory is fooling me, I think his jacket actually had proper metal edged holes where the tentacles extend out, as opposed to just being ripped? Would love to know if someone else recalls seeing this or not. I'm actually starting to plan a NWH Doc Ock costume, except it's a bit difficult because there's very few good reference images and I can't afford to go see the movie a million times lol

Obviously Doc Ock's clothing is kinda different (he's actually wearing a shirt now), but unless my memory is fooling me, I think his jacket actually had proper metal edged holes where the tentacles extend out, as opposed to just being ripped? Would love to know if someone else recalls seeing this or not. I'm actually starting to plan a NWH Doc Ock costume, except it's a bit difficult because there's very few good reference images and I can't afford to go see the movie a million times lol
I do recall it being a cleaner look. Hopefully I can get tickets for friday, I'll try and make more mental notes

I do recall it being a cleaner look. Hopefully I can get tickets for friday, I'll try and make more mental notes
More notes would be awesome! You're right about the cleaner look. The only other changes I can recall from memory is that his brown jacket underneath the green trench coat is now zip up fabric and about hip/upper thigh length, as opposed to the knee length leather one. Again, this could be hearsay, my memory isn't exactly stellar (pun not intended haha)

I noticed that too. Looks, at the very least, thiner and VERY consistent/even all around rather than the hand-made/hand glued webs from before. Lol I'm really questioning if there was ever a real shot of Tobey with the mask on, I think it might have always been CGI. The eyes look a lot whiter too instead of the silvery color with shading around the edges of the whites (which is a shame, I loved that effect). I hope they release individual character posters so we can get a better look.
They’re screenprinted on now, which is why they’re shorter and more uniform in height. Source:

6CE04E60-827B-4156-AC32-F469F319A251.jpeg

Interesting! I plan on making a No way home raimi suit and I feel like the printed webs will look pretty good! Has anyone tried screenprinting the webs on other suits?

It looks like the black outline is actually printed on the suit and the screenprinted webs are on top of that, instead of the sides of the web being black.
It's almost certainly multiple layers of an HD ink in black to get the height of the webs (Looks to be roughly 1.5mm high) with a final layer of silver screen printed over it to my eyes.

File modded from kenlandrum's PSD and Crazyfeddy free pattern

I don't recall seeing shading or brick pattern but could be wrong? The leaked photos dont have enough detail. I'll check tomorrow when I see the film again​

Edit: A theatre photo floating around on twitter (with heavy contrast) seems to show a light shading a brick pattern.

Light shading a brick pattern
rami2.png

A fans rendition of Hollands new suit @BrunoMS06919380 on twitter
FG3GZpPXsAEpDVc.jpg

Attachments

• noway.png
    noway.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
File modded from kenlandrum's PSD and Crazyfeddy free pattern

I don't recall seeing shading or brick pattern but could be wrong? The leaked photos dont have enough detail. I'll check tomorrow when I see the film again​

Edit: A theatre photo floating around on twitter (with heavy contrast) seems to show a light shading a brick pattern.

Light shading a brick pattern
View attachment 1522536

A fans rendition of Hollands new suit @BrunoMS06919380 on twitter
View attachment 1522539
There was definitely shading and brickwork. I was staring the whole movie trying to figure out if the bricks were warped or not. (And I still don’t know)

Promo art colors (not too bad)
coolbeans.png

Promo art

Attachments

• FHGGqlTXEAIcfGy (1).jpg
    FHGGqlTXEAIcfGy (1).jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 370
  • FHGGql6XwAUo004.jpg
    FHGGql6XwAUo004.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 509
  • FHC_nDYWUAAbwSU.jpg
    FHC_nDYWUAAbwSU.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 415
  • FHC_nCrWUAQTP-G.jpg
    FHC_nCrWUAQTP-G.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 332
  • FHC_nCNXMAIaAiz.jpg
    FHC_nCNXMAIaAiz.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
There is a brick pattern on his suit.
But it seems like it’s much more subtle than in his previous movies. (Same goes for muscle shading)

On the picture below you can see evidence of the brick pattern. (look closely to the stomach area)

Attachments

• 8907BA6A-E538-402E-8AED-DF361B17B378.jpeg
    8907BA6A-E538-402E-8AED-DF361B17B378.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 440

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back