Spider-Man Miles Morales costume build

merkymerx

Hey guys! After spending a lot of time researching on how people create their dye-sublimated Spidey outfits, I thought I'd give it a go :)

Here's what's on the workbench

6593808195_822b16caef.jpg

I've been working on a Miles Morales dye-sub pattern for quite sometime now. Decided to make a whole new type of muscle shading for the torso. I based it off of Bruce Lee's abs and chest haha. Something I guess to differentiate my design from the muscle structure seen in the costume from the Raimi movies.

Since it was too difficult to work on the hi-res file (300mb small), I figured I could do some experimenting on a lower resolution one. So the image you see above isn't the final design :)

Hoping I can find a good dye-sub printer over here! Not many of them here in Manila.

Trying to get a set of comic book frames from Brad as well. I hope he's able to do them in red. I figured it'd be possible given that he does the back Spiders in that color.

I'm also thinking of doing designs that I haven't seen done in dye-sub style yet. Probably the classic and ultimate Spider-Woman costumes. :D

Woooow very very nice the work in pattern, :lol congratulations. And continu so. I like the style.. uff I already want to do mine but I'm learning so far and to do hope do mine :)

Thanks a lot for the positive response you guys! I'm really glad you guys like what I've done so far :)

@TaylorMcManus: Dude, I was really inspired by the work that you've done! I saw your progress threads over here and it gave me that extra push to start making dye-sub designs. :D

@ugameenough: Thanks a lot! I've been following your Miles Morales build as well and it's left me very impressed! Can't wait to see more from you too :D

That is a thing of beauty! Great job. I really like that musculature you created.

Can't wait to see the rest.

-Nick

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back