Spider-Man Metal Eyes

The New Blood

Saw this online and was wondering what materials I should get to make the eyes similar to the one as the guy in the pic is.
mesh eyes.png
It appears to be metal, but that's all I know. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
No idea what that guy used, but WireForm mesh is available at most art supply stores. It's easily formed/contoured...and I'll bet if it was coupled with some sheer white fabric underneath it, it would be difficult to see your eyes (but not hard to see out of).

110462-3-1.jpg

"lenses was first white mesh material and after then i spray it up with chrom spraypaint to give this look"

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think it's metal dude.

The suit is from spiderman.suit so I'm gonna say it's just mirrored film.

I'll ask for ya :)

Well I want mine to be metal, I think it would look really cool that way

- - - Updated - - -

"lenses was first white mesh material and after then i spray it up with chrom spraypaint to give this look"
well I could do that as well, but I want it to be strong like metal.

The suit is from Spidersuit.it and if you look up a bit I posted what he said he did to get the lenses to look like that

The suit is from Spidersuit.it and if you look up a bit I posted what he said he did to get the lenses to look like that
I know he made them look like that, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is when he got them (before he sprayed them) he said iy looked like stuff used for speaker mesh. That's what he told me. From that I assumed the material was metal.

Why such a back and forth on this? funkster helped you find the answer you were looking for in that you can make a similar look with mesh and spray paint. If you want metal, then make a set using speaker mesh and spray the speaker mesh silver (because most is coated).

Good luck on the build. ;)

Why such a back and forth on this? funkster helped you find the answer you were looking for in that you can make a similar look with mesh and spray paint. If you want metal, then make a set using speaker mesh and spray the speaker mesh silver (because most is coated).

Good luck on the build. ;)
I didn't want there to be a misunderstanding. Finding the right speaker mesh will be difficult but I guess I have to make due.

I have seen that speaker mesh needs to almost be bought pre formed or in smaller portions. I haven't found good stock of it. Maybe I just need to ask a custom car place about it because it does come in rolls.

This video is helpful in the forming of the mesh. I am planning on trying something like it out to form mesh.

This is a joe lai faceshell, you've right Dan, this is metal ;)
I put a tutorial in therpf on how to make their proper lenses ( called how to make Asm 2 lenses v1 )
You can found micro perforated sheet of metal on a tools shop, that's how I did my v1

Jeck13500

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back