Spider-man Costume Raimi Build Mark 0

Hi guys,

I'm was getting ready to start putting together something I've been working very hard at since last decade. I'm nearly at the stage where i will be putting together what i hope to be the best spider-man replica out there.

And some seriously exciting stuff to come if you dig this costume. I personally think besides batman that James Acheson pulled off magic when he used 90 silk screens to pull off a color bold pattern and 3D foam for the webbing pattern. The new costume is also very decent compared to what they had to worked with being original but having traits which were from the first films. It is very fitting for the new movie and can't wait to see it.. Hopefully it will make of up from the spider-man 3 tosh.

So I have totally refined every aspect of the costume from the head shell. To frames. Webbing to the shoes, to the pattern itself.

I might have also fixed some problems to go with the webbing but please wait for this.

A webbing which never peels. The silver highlight is not dull and stays fixed to the costume????

This might be the last thing I get to do as I am still figuring out the best way to do it and this new method is scientifically complex..Yes scientifically complex!!

Please stay tuned for more updates. Webbing will be cut soon along with the new head shell.

If you know this pattern, you will know the areas which lacked the brick definition which wasn't captured when it was scanned it.. These areas along with all of the bricks have been fully restored! Better picture to come when I get access to a better camera.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Good to see another spidey in the works, nice 3D models but the hard part is yet t come.

GFollano

Good to see another spidey in the works, nice 3D models but the hard part is yet t come.

GFollano

Your not wrong there, Gf.

However. I am prepared...

I can't guess how long it will take to make the molds but what i can say is that I have the power in my possession as before when I just had 3D models only and no way to make them ;)

I am more excited to make this costume that the new amazing spidey I have bee working on..

Your not wrong there, Gf.

However. I am prepared...

I can't guess how long it will take to make the molds but what i can say is that I have the power in my possession as before when I just had 3D models only and no way to make them ;)

I am more excited to make this costume that the new amazing spidey I have bee working on..

Did you use the Sony files which you cleaned up, will your final print be printed on blue and red color fabric as per original? most just print everything on 1 sheet white lycra therefore colors are not as vibrant.

GFollano

Hi GF,

My pattern derived from the TK comics pattern,

It has gone through hundreeds to thousand's of hours of re fitting... from the start in 2005 when that pattern came about.

I literally tried 5 different techniques to try and revive the brick pattern over the years..

The pattern will also be printed on Red and White fabric using special techniques.

I don't think the 3rd spideys digital printing blue was printed on blue fabric...
From all the sources out there it looks to be printed on white fabric and I have done tests.. To acheive the blue they did can only come slightly close if printing on grey fabric.

I hope someone proves me wrong about this though as I would like it confirmed. Obssesive spidey creation has got me hung up on this though logic tells me this is the only way.

Very nice, looking forward to the build on this.
The webs I would jut mill out a mold forget the physical building of the webs and molding just mill it out of Aluminium or teflon, would last you forever.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back