Spider-man Costume Raimi Build Mark 0

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Olsen Designer, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Olsen Designer

Olsen Designer Member

Hi guys,

I'm was getting ready to start putting together something I've been working very hard at since last decade. I'm nearly at the stage where i will be putting together what i hope to be the best spider-man replica out there.

And some seriously exciting stuff to come if you dig this costume. I personally think besides batman that James Acheson pulled off magic when he used 90 silk screens to pull off a color bold pattern and 3D foam for the webbing pattern. The new costume is also very decent compared to what they had to worked with being original but having traits which were from the first films. It is very fitting for the new movie and can't wait to see it.. Hopefully it will make of up from the spider-man 3 tosh.

So I have totally refined every aspect of the costume from the head shell. To frames. Webbing to the shoes, to the pattern itself.

I might have also fixed some problems to go with the webbing but please wait for this.

A webbing which never peels. The silver highlight is not dull and stays fixed to the costume????

This might be the last thing I get to do as I am still figuring out the best way to do it and this new method is scientifically complex..Yes scientifically complex!!

Please stay tuned for more updates. Webbing will be cut soon along with the new head shell.

If you know this pattern, you will know the areas which lacked the brick definition which wasn't captured when it was scanned it.. These areas along with all of the bricks have been fully restored! Better picture to come when I get access to a better camera.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. Olsen Designer

Olsen Designer Member

[​IMG]

3D model of the the head shell to come..

3. Olsen Designer

Olsen Designer Member

And the most exciting part for me of the build, Fresh webbing.

[​IMG]

4. GF

GF Sr Member

Good to see another spidey in the works, nice 3D models but the hard part is yet t come.

GFollano

5. Olsen Designer

Olsen Designer Member

Your not wrong there, Gf.

However. I am prepared...

I can't guess how long it will take to make the molds but what i can say is that I have the power in my possession as before when I just had 3D models only and no way to make them ;)

I am more excited to make this costume that the new amazing spidey I have bee working on..

6. TaylorMcManus

TaylorMcManus Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

7. GF

GF Sr Member

Did you use the Sony files which you cleaned up, will your final print be printed on blue and red color fabric as per original? most just print everything on 1 sheet white lycra therefore colors are not as vibrant.

GFollano

8. Olsen Designer

Olsen Designer Member

Hi GF,

My pattern derived from the TK comics pattern,

It has gone through hundreeds to thousand's of hours of re fitting... from the start in 2005 when that pattern came about.

I literally tried 5 different techniques to try and revive the brick pattern over the years..

The pattern will also be printed on Red and White fabric using special techniques.

I don't think the 3rd spideys digital printing blue was printed on blue fabric...
    From all the sources out there it looks to be printed on white fabric and I have done tests.. To acheive the blue they did can only come slightly close if printing on grey fabric.

I hope someone proves me wrong about this though as I would like it confirmed. Obssesive spidey creation has got me hung up on this though logic tells me this is the only way.

9. Olsen Designer

Olsen Designer Member

Thanks

10. Puzzlehead85

Puzzlehead85 New Member

I'll def. be watching this, Good Luck!

11. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Very nice, looking forward to the build on this.
    The webs I would jut mill out a mold forget the physical building of the webs and molding just mill it out of Aluminium or teflon, would last you forever.

12. richyrich818

richyrich818 Member

is it spidey week or something? i'm loving this! lol

13. BobbyS95

BobbyS95 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to se the real thing!

14. hellz manik

hellz manik Active Member

Can't wait to see how this turns out. I've been wanting an accurate looking Spiderman for years.

15. Olsen Designer

Olsen Designer Member

This interest looks good guys, thanks,

a step closer each day I gain.. Getting real close on the webbing situation too.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

16. TaylorMcManus

I'm curious, how would you take those 3D models and have them made in urethane?

17. STEALTH

STEALTH Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Edit - I posted in the wrong window.

18. Olsen Designer

Olsen Designer Member

[​IMG]

Taylor I will be using a multiple of technologies including pepukara to save money..

When i get more time i will mill the headshell from foam.

19. TaylorMcManus

Oh, alright! Is that how you made the spider for your Amazing Spider-Man costume too?

20. Bimmer

Bimmer Well-Known Member

3d printing a thin face shell would be much more economical than milling one from foam.. Just sayin.. :)

21. spidey4fun

spidey4fun Active Member

Looking good!!

Brad.

22. RJMonette88

RJMonette88 Active Member

What's the status on this build? I'm curious to see how the face shell turned out.

23. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

The OP has been banned so I guess we wont know .

24. Wallcrawler248

Wallcrawler248 Well-Known Member

Actual durable webbing!!!! A long forgotten dream :love

25. okamipr1

okamipr1 New Member

great work

26. BlackKaos

BlackKaos Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I didn't see this thread. Awesome work. I hope you are still working on it.

27. BrunoS

BrunoS New Member

I agree! Looks cool so far