SPFX stole my money! - Restored with update in post #45

robyrani

[ATTENTION: THIS POST WAS RESTORED BY THE ADMINISTRATION FOR DOCUMENTATION OF A CASE OF MULTIPLE FRAUD]

This is my Story with Mr Scott "SPFX" Nelmmz....

On May the 12th 2010 I immediatly paid, as I usually do, $724,00 to Mr. Scott Nelmzz (aka SPFX or Kosmic Kustom) for a complete ANH Vader helmet. A few days after, I sent an additional payment of $456,00 for a complete ANH Vader Armor .

On August the 22nd 2010 I received a package containing only the Helmet and I immediatly contacted Mr. Scott who apologized for his mistake and said that he would prepare the rest of the items right away. A few days after, I asked Mr. Scott if, instead of the Armor, he could send me a different item that had the same price: a raw (kit version) Vader ESB helmet. Mr. Scott confirmed that this was possible and after asking (several times) confirmation of the address, he disappeared with my money ($456,00).

As of today, 19th of January 2011, I haven't received any item from Mr. Scott who has ignored all the emails I've kept sending him. In addition, I am aware that other Italian friends of mine have bought items from Mr. Scott and, even if after quite a long time, have received them.

Roby "A very mad Italian"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: SPFX.....stole my money

Hey,

I dealed with John Boero of Canada, "JB" back in 2006-I also sent him full payment 650,00 USD and never got my armor set!!!
I really don´t know what we can do here-I live in Germany!
I also dealed with Darth Marcus in this case!
All those guys are just very very very poor , that´s all I can say!

Sorry to hear that. Keep writing him and posting on every board he's a member of - if you can even find any anymore. He's either banned or left most of them, mainly because of issues such as this. Though, his name isn't Scott, but Phil. Don't know his last name. And I believe Mr. Scott was once announced dead... or was that another so-called alias? Can't remember all the stories anymore.

There are lots of warnings about SPFX everywhere and it's sad that people still buy from him.

A good advice is NEVER exceed the 45 day window with PayPal. If item hasn't been delivered by then, file a claim and don't close until you have the item in hand. Not even tracking number is worth closing the claim for, as once closed, you cannot open a new one.

Hope you get your stuff.

Yes, there never was a "Scott". Phil goes by a pseudonym which both on Ebay and otherwise in business transactions is against the law.

Regarding he has ripped off so many people since years and earning thousands of dollars without any delivered goods its a shame he doesnt sit into jail.
I can only say ...dont support this ******* and buy something from him. I even wouldnt buy from him on ebay .....just because he would get my money. There are alternatives like Darth Stone. And his helmets are also better than Phils and not so much reworked.
Just my 2 cents.

I found Paypal a complete waste of time they can only get money back if its the sellers paypal account. The same thing happened to me I payed for armour from JB and I heard every excuse you could imagine in the end I claimed the money back in full through my credit card company you can do this as long as its within the 12 weeks of payment. I have two golden rules 1 always pay using a credit card never a debit card the credit card gives you more rights should you need to claim any money back .
2 never wait longer than 12 weeks for any item to be produced if they tell you they need longer just get your money back and make sure you explain when you place your order that you are not prepared to wait any longer.
I am really sorry to hear that this has happened to you I have delt with SPFX (kosmic Kustoms) or Phil Snavely on two accasions and both times I had problems. Once you pay the money he seems to loose interest I did get the items in the end but I had to hound him constantly the trouble is his stuff looks the best in my opinion thats why I went back a second time
I wish you luck getting your money back or your armour don't give up

eBay's policy is that you have a max. of 30 days for domestic shipments (45 for international) to report non-receipt of items. If a vendor claims "It's in the mail, here's a tracking number" you MUST still report it if you ever want any chance of a refund from eBay. I've gotten my money back directly from eBay following this policy, because I've been burned too many times by vendors and am a little wiser nowadays.

Phil keeps changing user IDs when the number of complaints to eBay finally catch up to him.

His M.O. is to create a new ID, then start shipping product immediately. People on the costuming forums go nuts and tell everyone what a great vendor he is... until this kind of crap happens all over again. So the first several customers who give his new eBay I.D. new business get preferential treatment, and at some random point in the future. Those people end up being his P.R. machine - until unsuspecting fans such as yourself start getting burned.

RULE FOR EVERYONE: Regardless how quickly your receive your SPFX merchandise, do NOT hurt other fans by recommending him.

Sorry to hear that...I spent about 6 months considering where to buy my Vader armor and luckily I found a guy who was selling a SPFX armor (he waited over a year to receive it).

Good luck getting the helmet or the money back, I'd go to the police...

goes by a pseudonym which both on Ebay and otherwise in business transactions is against the law.

Using an assumed name is NOT illegal or against the law unless it's use is an attempt to commit fraud... And 'committing fraud' is certainly a debatable topic on it's own, simply changing a 'business' name to avoid past bad publicity is not fraud in itself...

You can legally call yourself whatever you want just like 9 out of 10 celebrities do when they assume a 'stage/pen' name for business... And you can take it one step further and file for a DBA under any alias and be 110% legit and even be able to open bank accounts and the sorts under that name...

As far as Paypal and Ebay I failed to find anywhere in the user agreements that the use of an alias was flat our forbidden, with the exception of using a name that you are not authorized to use...

Back on topic I don't have much advice except from this point on do more diligent background checks before handing over you money or react quicker to getting a refund so you are withing the Ebay and Paypal time limits...

Using an assumed name is NOT illegal or against the law unless it's use is an attempt to commit fraud... And 'committing fraud' is certainly a debatable topic on it's own, simply changing a 'business' name to avoid past bad publicity is not fraud in itself...

You can legally call yourself whatever you want just like 9 out of 10 celebrities do when they assume a 'stage/pen' name for business... And you can take it one step further and file for a DBA under any alias and be 110% legit and even be able to open bank accounts and the sorts under that name...

As far as Paypal and Ebay I failed to find anywhere in the user agreements that the use of an alias was flat our forbidden, with the exception of using a name that you are not authorized to use...

Back on topic I don't have much advice except from this point on do more diligent background checks before handing over you money or react quicker to getting a refund so you are withing the Ebay and Paypal time limits...

Ebay makes it clear using a false name is against their policy.

False or Missing Contact Information
Falsifying or omitting contact information such as a member's name, address, and/or telephone number when registering on eBay is not permitted. It is also not permitted to use fax or disconnected numbers as a telephone number.
If you believe an eBay member is using false contact information, please report it using the Customer Support link at the bottom of this page.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

• Listing cancellation
  • Limits on account privileges
  • Account suspension
  • Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
  • Loss of PowerSeller status
Some examples

John Smith lives at 10 Main Street. John registers on eBay, but says his name is Bob Jones, and that he lives at 12 Broad Street. John has violated the eBay False or Missing Contact Information policy.
John's brother Jim also lives at 10 Main Street. Jim registers on eBay, using his real name and address, but using an old phone number that no longer works. Jim has violated the eBay False or Missing Contact Information policy.
Why does eBay have this policy?

The success of eBay's marketplace is dependent on trust and transparency. Providing false contact information undermines both of these principles. Further, trading partners need to be able to communicate with each other. False contact information clearly impedes communication between members and increases the likelihood of Unpaid Items, disputes, negative feedback and other problems.

Phil is pretending he's Scott. He isn't.

Your real name has to be registered with your business name for tax and legal reasons.

Each state is different.

Even a DBA (Doing Business As) will need your real name.
ie: John Doe, dba Acme Plumbing.

Anyway the very fact he doesn't use his real name should tell people something.

And if you don't provide a product or service for money received, that's fraud.

INCREDIBLE!

Phil or Scott or SPFX or KK has responded to the mail!
wrote that will send the helmet.

I will keep you updatedi :ninja

Well, either he is lurking on the boards under a sockpuppet account, or an SPFX loyalist leaked him your frustration.

Since he is aware he has a trail of victims, why he chose now to respond is interesting - because threads like this damage his income potential, and he'd simply want it nipped in the bud.

Don't be afraid to speak out here on the RPF, and do not fear any form of retaliation.

Don't need a sock-puppet account to view the forum. Only to respond. And we all know that these people can't stay away from these forums.

OP, you can be sure that this thread is the cause for him contacting you.

Ciao robyrani.

Se avete bisogno del suo vero nome ed inviate, posso darveli perché ho conservarli della mia transazione con lui in 2004.

Ciao.

(I'm not italian btw:))

Ebay makes it clear using a false name is against their policy.

Yeah 'false' as in one you don't have a legal right to use or assume... Do you have any proof the Scott is a false name and not his real name or the name of a partner in said venture?

I'm certainly not condoning their behavior or actions, but tossing out erroneous claims of legality or policy is hazardous...

Yeah 'false' as in one you don't have a legal right to use or assume... Do you have any proof the Scott is a false name and not his real name or the name of a partner in said venture?

I'm certainly not condoning their behavior or actions, but tossing out erroneous claims of legality or policy is hazardous...

Well I guess Scott lives with Phil then. :rolleyes All you have to do is check where the packages come from and check the IP address of his emails.

Falsifying a name is not the same as going by a business name.

Also, I don't know where you're getting the dba requirement of using your name jointly (and in what situations?). Look at every store or private business around, you don't have to write a check out to "The Company, dba John Anderson". A company's officer, or the person "behind" the dba can sign the check directly and deposit it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back