SPEEDER BIKE

I talked over this Studio Scale speedbike with a sculptor friend of mine here at work. He could sculpt a 1:1 studio scale trooper if someone can get me an overall height to the figure. I don't think he could articulate but I'm sure he could be "posed" and then glued. I can help on this part if someone is willing to bring a bike to the masses. Ever been done? Too difficult to mold? Other concerns?

Dave

Well, does anybody know which racing car kits were used to build the hull? I think I heard that the air intakes where from some Ferrari kit, but I don't know if it was from F1 or a sports car.

Steve.

The 1/12 Yardley McLaren,and the 1/12 Ferrari 312B for sure.....I don't think the 1/12 Ferrari 312T was used.I'm not sure what the rest of the bike was assembled of,or from...I think ILM scratched alot of it,or bashed other kit parts to make the final assemblies,then made casts of the parts.

What parts were taken from the Ferrari!? I can't find anything on that kit that matches up with the speeder.

Is this the kit you mean?

model1_13.jpg

Steve.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Boba Flint wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
The Hasbro 12" bike is too big. Far too big. When it first came out I thought it might be the rightsize then I compared the real kit parts to the toy ant the toy is just too big.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Well, two separate books claims that the length of the studio scale model is 81cm, if the Hasbro version is 24" (61cm) it's actually 21cm to shorth, and that's a lot too!
icon_frown.gif

Steve.

From the 1/12 Ferrari 312B?The forward,lower half of the body&it was a chopped/modified piece,then from the McLaren...the top part of the body,and the engine cowling I think.

I have the impression that some of the "CHRONOCLES" model measurement are of the base plate and NOT the actual model. Does anyone else share this theory?

Some of their measurments don't make any sence.

Patrice

I don't know what you mean,where/what do you mean by "base plate"?My take on the Chroicals book is..and other references like "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones" is that none of the measurements are really correct,most are off by one degree or another,and some are grossly inacurate.Otheres are close,and maybe a couple are right on?The Star Wars Chronicals was originally published&released in Japan( I have a copy,1 of 10,000 made from what I was told).So,how well does Japanese translate to english?There are plenty of spelling errors&mistranslations to go along with the inacurate demensions in the Chronicals book,take yur pick.

Those pics are great!Thanks Nathan. Now is there a way we can get a consensus on the size of this thing? OR, reverse engineer it from the found parts? (I know there are blueprints online somewhere).

Like I said earlier, I can help supply a figure for this model.

Dave

I always thought to two rear cowlings were the nose of a space shuttle upside down. Also rear flaps were not from Flakvierling kit.

Steve

Wow! Great pic Nathan! I don't have my Flackvierling armor plates here at work, but if it's indeed the same part they reworked it somehow. I'll try and get pics of the Flackvierling plates when I get home, should be easy to see if the stud pattern matches.

Thanks Nathan!

Steve.

Well Steve's right. The tamiya flackverling is not used. Something else was. See how the rivits don't match up among other things.

47b3db00b3127cce88309288937d0000001610

Hmmm....I still think the 20mm Flakvierling was used,the parts were just modified,and the rivits might have been added?They are alot bigger,they could have used pin heads maybe,or photo etch parts,there are a number of scaled photo etch parts/kits made available for armor kits.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back