Spectacular Spiderman costume build

spideyman12004

For the past couple years I've been wanting to redo my Spectacular Spiderman costume. My original (a Sonjou pattern) is still nice but I'm looking to make a few changes like having a attached mask, more muscle definition and having the red and blue a bit darker. I decided to ask Orhadar (as I like how he does his muscle defintion) if he would be able to design the pattern for me. He did and it looks awesome. While I wait to get the pattern printed I've been trying to figure out which lenses I should go for to make the mask look like the cartoon. The ones I came across are Oracle's Superior Spiderman version 1 and TJack's ditko style. Not sure if either would be the best or if I should look at getting custom ones done. What do you guys think? superiorspiderman.jpgditko frames.jpgspec1_Spidey_Comicon__scaled_600.jpgphoto 2COMIC.JPG

Last edited:
For the past couple years I've been wanting to redo my Spectacular Spiderman costume. My original (a Sonjou pattern) is still nice but I'm looking to make a few changes like having a attached mask, more muscle definition and having the red and blue a bit darker. I decided to ask Orhadar (as I like how he does his muscle defintion) if he would be able to design the pattern for me. He did and it looks awesome. While I wait to get the pattern printed I've been trying to figure out which lenses I should go for to make the mask look like the cartoon. The ones I came across are Oracle's Superior Spiderman version 1 and TJack's ditko style. Not sure if either would be the best or if I should look at getting custom ones done. What do you guys think?View attachment 473852View attachment 473851View attachment 473855View attachment 473850View attachment 473853

Like ya said on facebook, the frames do look like Spectaculars, and if the mesh is white non-domed, it would look great on a spectacular suit.

I would replace the picture of Orhadar's pattern with a lower resolution image. It won't be hard for people to replicate his pattern with the image you posted.

I was thinking the same thing for the Superior frames. Wonder if Oracle would replace the domed lenses for flat white ones

- - - Updated - - -

I would replace the picture of Orhadar's pattern with a lower resolution image. It won't be hard for people to replicate his pattern with the image you posted.

Will do meowz0r. Thought by placing writing on it would make it so people couldn't take it

For the past couple years I've been wanting to redo my Spectacular Spiderman costume. My original (a Sonjou pattern) is still nice but I'm looking to make a few changes like having a attached mask, more muscle definition and having the red and blue a bit darker. I decided to ask Orhadar (as I like how he does his muscle defintion) if he would be able to design the pattern for me. He did and it looks awesome. While I wait to get the pattern printed I've been trying to figure out which lenses I should go for to make the mask look like the cartoon. The ones I came across are Oracle's Superior Spiderman version 1 and TJack's ditko style. Not sure if either would be the best or if I should look at getting custom ones done. What do you guys think?View attachment 473852View attachment 473851View attachment 473850View attachment 473853

Very cool, looking forward to seeing the final product! Id say the first pair of lenses (I believe oracles?) Look more like spectacular's so id go for those but they both look good

Looks like Oracle has taken down a bunch of his frames off his website, the Superior version 1 being one of them. Hopefully it's just a glitch. If not might have to go with the Ditko or custom make some

Looks like Oracle has taken down a bunch of his frames off his website, the Superior version 1 being one of them. Hopefully it's just a glitch. If not might have to go with the Ditko or custom make some
he added all the other frames as options under the spiderman lenses options. would be awesome is he added the pics to that option as well so peopel would know what they are buying

it's nice to see someone do a buil on this costume.

I've loved the look of this costume ever since I started watching the cartoon. Thinking about darkening the web lines after it's printed like Lunaman did with his. Also might do a 3D spider for the front as well. Speaking of printing, anyone know of a cheaper way to print other then FOD? It's going to cost about $230USD to print and ship here to Canada

I've loved the look of this costume ever since I started watching the cartoon. Thinking about darkening the web lines after it's printed like Lunaman did with his. Also might do a 3D spider for the front as well. Speaking of printing, anyone know of a cheaper way to print other then FOD? It's going to cost about $230USD to print and ship here to Canada

You can always look for a local dye-sublimation place. There's one near where I live, but they can only print files that are 50" x 50".

You can always look for a local dye-sublimation place. There's one near where I live, but they can only print files that are 50" x 50".

I used a local company the first time I printed Sonjou's print and the material they used wasn't even close to the sample they sent me. The red was maroon and the blue was purple. So I got it reprinted with FOD

- - - Updated - - -

try zentaizone

Weren't they the ones that were stealing peoples patterns and saying they were there own? If not how is the quality from them?

You're thinking of ZentaiZentai. ZentaiZone, as far as I know, hasn't engaged in that practice.

Ah ok. Know it was Zentai something wasn't sure. I'll take a look at there website

- - - Updated - - -

he added all the other frames as options under the spiderman lenses options. would be awesome is he added the pics to that option as well so peopel would know what they are buying

I did find that option and I agree he should add pictures for people to see. I sent him a message last night just waiting back for a response

Heard back from Zentai Zone they can print and sew for 100USD. Just need to make sure it's ok with Orhadar to have his pattern printed through them. Also Oracle got back to me and I can still get the Superior version 1 frames with what ever colour of frames I want.

Heard back from Zentai Zone they can print and sew for 100USD. Just need to make sure it's ok with Orhadar to have his pattern printed through them. Also Oracle got back to me and I can still get the Superior version 1 frames with what ever colour of frames I want.

Keep us updated on that, I got my first one from FOD and it was great...except for the sewing part. So now i have to remake my suit from scratch. Maybe this could be an option for me. Are you going to puff paint it?

Keep us updated on that, I got my first one from FOD and it was great...except for the sewing part. So now i have to remake my suit from scratch. Maybe this could be an option for me. Are you going to puff paint it?

No not going to puff paint. But will be going over the web lines with Pigma Micron markers like Lunaman did

I will not be going with Zentai Zone. Orhadar mentioned that they seem suspicious so not going to take the chance of them stealing his pattern. I know The RPC Studios works with Gunhead Designs so I may go with them

Hey Spidey gonna shoot you a message.
Run a little service/business over in the project runs so head over there or just search my name up to get sent there. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back