Specific Iwata airbrush equipment questions

Bugfood

Hi all

Long time reader, first time poster :)

Am thinking of getting back into some modelling after a very long time away from the field.

As step up, I'm aiming to buy my first airbrush, having always used a mix of rattle cans and hand painted acrylics, previously.

So, rather than ask the general question of what anyone uses (though that's obv still of interest!), I've been reading around and am thinking of specifically going for an Iwata Smart Jet Pro compressor and an HP-CPlus brush.

So two quick questions:

1. Does anyone have any experience of this combo?
  2. In terms of just airbrushing alone, are there an other essential accessories I should be looking at? (PS: I'm also getting a portable spray booth with extractor an hose).

Any feedback appreciated.

Best wishes

BF :ninja

Hi all

1. Does anyone have any experience of this combo?
  2. In terms of just airbrushing alone, are there an other essential accessories I should be looking at? (PS: I'm also getting a portable spray booth with extractor an hose).

Well not exactly answering your question but only saying you made the right choice(IMHO).
I also have the Iwata's compressor and airbrush. What I can say they are tough in long use.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ITCONXvE2OY/TKgEqwP6AqI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/y2K7WzKqMbQ/s1600/IMG_9610.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ITCONXvE2OY/TUPEEa3TbKI/AAAAAAAAAGA/6iRBUeQLkvY/s1600/IMG_9560.jpg

In that picture, I store my airbrush on my spray booth drawer. And cover them with a cotton cloth. And a silica beads on the corner.
But after years in the drawer, the Aztek and the Infinity airbrush started to show staining on there chrome plating. While the iwatas remain clean and shiny. After that happened, I replaced the infinity with an iwata Custom SB.

Oh, if you want more quiet air you can attach this....
Air Tank HPA-TNK35 by Anest Iwata | HobbyLink Japan

Cheers

Hi Jan

Many thanks for the response and information. I'll follow my original plan then :)

BTW: that has got to be the cleanest workspace I've ever seen! Do you wear a spacesuit in there? ;)

Best wishes

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back