Species SIL (Giger) full size costume WIP - Head Completed (Pics on Page 3).

Mad skills, and such a cool choice of costume. Giger at his finest.

The face just blows me away. You really captured it and it will really make the costume come alive.

One thought: the, well... chest weapons... look a little round compaired to the original? Maybe its just the pics.

Wow... what a FANTASTIC job you're doing!

I've had the pleasure of working with Eon Entertainment on a series of documentaries on Steve Johnson and XFX. EE has a HUGE amount of Species stuff archived. It's also a leading contender for the next 'behind the scenes' DVD project for them. Regardless, I'm totally dropping Steve an email with your WIP link - I think he'd LOVE to see what you're doing based on his work.

Good luck with the rest of your build! :):thumbsup

Thanks for the bump! However I won't do much work until November, as my boyfriend and I just bought a house, and we will have a REAL costume and props workshop in the basement! YAY! way better than the 5.5 feet tall basement we have right now lol! I can assure you that I did hit my head pretty bad in that basement!

Thanks for your kind words, guys, I won't let you down I promise :)

Hey Mealina, I know what ya mean just moved ta a new house busy as hell.

laugh it up furball!!!! sent from my sapphire / dream

Yeah! lol it's been forever. We moved a few months ago in our new house, set up the workshop.. and surprise! the new house needed repairs.:facepalm And the head got damaged a bit while moving, ill have some repairs to do. Don't worry this project is far from being dead. I cannot wait to continue! :)

Thanks for your interest!

Maelina, we can't wait till ya do girl too bad that th' head got some damage though i guess thats why it's a labor of love!!!! (JK):cool

Thank you :)

I am currently working on the hands, I have made 7 different mold mades for the parts. Its actually the worst part to do, I do not want the fingers to look like sausages and be too big lol. Slowly but surely. I wish I did have more time in hands to work on it, but I will manage to complete ! This project is soooo dear to me :)

I am currently working on the hands, I have made 7 different mold mades for the parts. Its actually the worst part to do, I do not want the fingers to look like sausages and be too big lol. Slowly but surely. I wish I did have more time in hands to work on it, but I will manage to complete ! This project is soooo dear to me :)

I hear you on the sausage fingers, it's a gripe of mine with a lot of costumes. :facepalm Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Maelina, i'm so glad ta see an update on this, you have done so much can we see th' head now that it's fixed? You have an amazing skill /w/ clay and casting, i was never any good at using clay. Keep up th' awesome job girl!!!!:cool:cool

HI AND HOW ARE YOU DOING? HAVE YOU EVER FINISHED THE SIL COSTUME? I DON'T SEE MORE PICTURES?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back