Species SIL (Giger) full size costume WIP - Head Completed (Pics on Page 3).

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dutchman

Re: Species SIL (Giger) full size costume (Work In progress)

It's looking great. When this costume is finished, it's gonna ROCK, I'm sure!!!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Maelina

@too much garlic It's actually in my plans to do a full head in resin with my molds afterwards... but not now.. I have to be done with the whole costume first :)

Thanks everyone!

Goldenrod

Sr Member

The head looks great. Got some impressive talent girl. You should toss a pic over to Giger and Steve johnson once finished. They would be very impressed i think;)
I wouldn't mind having one of those Sil heads in my collection.

Maelina

@Goldenrod thank you so much for your comment, I truly appreciate this.This costume is my first real sci-fi/horror project in 15 years. I was doing some makeup effects while I was a teenager and stopped sculpting for more than 12 years. This kind of comment brings up my motivation a notch :D

Too Much Garlic

Master Member

@too much garlic It's actually in my plans to do a full head in resin with my molds afterwards... but not now.. I have to be done with the whole costume first :)
That's cool, no rush.

Based on what you've shown so far of your sculpting abilities and inginuity, your costume is gonna rock. :thumbsup

Maelina

And the head completely assembled. :)

I added a coat of latex to make sure everything stay in place

5583502086_59139f824d_z.jpg

5582941557_2768f2ae48_z.jpg

Super happy with the end result, up next air brush ! weee!

5583479773_85051915cd_b.jpg

Last edited:

Too Much Garlic

Master Member

Oh, almost missed that airbrushed shot. AWESOME. It really looks like the movie sculpt:

Sil-AnimatronicPuppet-2122454376_1afd0c1059.jpg
Sil-AnimatronicPuppet-2122454892_b297e94c9a.jpg
Sil-AnimatronicPuppet-2122455734_bd91808008.jpg

Maelina

Lol! well Lady Gaga is kinda alienesque lol.

@too much garlic: that's funny, I actually used some of those pic for my version. More picture to come.. the last pic I took was with my cellphone and it does not bring justice to the color shades. I am also continuing the paint job at this very moment ;)

chimmera30

Just stunning!!!!!!
I love the metallic paint and airbrushing!!!

WarPig

Sr Member

I never thought Sil would be possible as a costume with all her translucent parts; this is amazing!

Rotwang

Sr Member

I never thought Sil would be possible as a costume with all her translucent parts; this is amazing!

The costume used in Species I had only a transparent faceplate. For Species II they added various transparent elements (torso) to the mix.

Steve Johnson put up a behind the scenes video a few months ago ago showing the first suit, they glued elements onto a wetsuit. I've tried to locate it, but it seems to have vanished.

Maelina

@Warpig that's why I am using metallic paint and try to get that wet texture.

@Rotwang correct! and I will add a coat of Monster Maker Permawet on the front mask to get some transparent effect. At least very shinny!

Well friends, the head is done! wheww!

I still have some minor work to be done when I will put the holding straps and have to finish the lenses that go behind the eyes.

Anyhow, here's some pictures of the finished work. I am really happy with the results. Sad that metallic paint does not show well even with a good camera!

5589118566_bd591c2a0f_z.jpg

5589124368_3641873048_z.jpg

5589116984_9b9a447d0a_z.jpg

5588528301_1ab01d490c_z.jpg

Last edited:

Maelina

Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate your comments. Now that I am done with the head, I moved to the hands which will be entirely sculpted and cast in latex to fit my hand shape perfectly! there's still a whole lot to do! waaah! :)

Darth Mule

Sr Member
I'm wondering though, looking at the production sculpt photos, if the clear resin might do something interesting with this sculpt. Might be a fun experiment down the road since you already have the cast. Do it in clear and paint the inside perhaps?

Just a suggestion. Your piece looks amazing. Sculpt is dead on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.