Special Occasions Armor and Accessories

Ei luj

OK, here's some progress pix of the suit & armor I wore at a certain Special Occasion :) the Dragon*Con parade.

(have been Uber-busy with costumes since Feb. & doing cons and costume classes :0 so this is sort of catch-up.... completed suit will go in its section)

I used the same skin, feet, mask, and hands that I wore at Comic-Con, but changed the armor and dread beads/ decor.

all these latex items had to have leather backing to hold them.... here's before painting and after; I painted them awhile back:
IMG_0824-1.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

BUT the leather pieces, beads, and accessories were made/worked on from the first weekend in August till the weekend before the parade ;) and in one case, in the hotel room the night before :)

Toeduster covers; string goes around heel of feet & is glued, and there's velcro at the bottom front of the covers to hold them to the feet:
IMG_0347.jpg

Thigh armor on hip belt:
IMG_0287.jpg

Front armor (butt cover is same) on hip belt; hip belt has velcro closure:
IMG_0286.jpg

Wristcomputer and wristblade; theres leather "frames" under the latex and the top leather velcros to the bottoms; the latter have snaps and velcro closures:
IMG_0283.jpg

Inside the wristblade; foamed around stiff paper rectangular tubes that hold the blades:
IMG_0273.jpg

Shinguards and anklets; shinguards have four sets of snaps down the back and anklets have velcro closures:
IMG_0282.jpg

Torso armor; its all one piece, with darts in front and rivets at the shoulder points; velcro closure in front:
IMG_0281.jpg

Backpack; has foam at cannon mount location and it gets sewn to a harness like the one for the AVP backpack:
IMG_0279.jpg

Used same cannon as the one for AVP suit, but took off the round part at the bottom:
IMG_0958.jpg

Cannon mounting hole; just stick the cannon mount into it and the foam inside holds it in place:
IMG_0356.jpg

The neckring was too small, so it got extended; ended up using leather but this shows how much needed to be added... velcro closure here also:
IMG_0253.jpg

Bio has magnets in it, plus foam to fill where there is a gap between it and the mask; its lined with red velvet:
IMG_0254.jpg

Loincloth; more velcro to close it:
IMG_0350.jpg

Utility belt and pouches; they were a last minute thing... it has quick disconnect sewn on the inside because it holds some weight in the pouches... one pouch holds a camera case and the other the hotel card, ID, and money:
IMG_0349.jpg

this is how it would look; the belt should be beneath the red one that holds the loincloth:
IMG_0348.jpg

Gold dread beads and leather laces; the latter got done in hotel room the night before the event!:

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

---
Ei'luj

IMG_0824-1.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Another female Pred. addition to the Lair. Should we be looking for an army of Predator kids soon.
Like the unique twist on the armour and the shoulder cannon looks terrific.

Another female Pred. addition to the Lair. Should we be looking for an army of Predator kids soon.
Like the unique twist on the armour and the shoulder cannon looks terrific.

Many thanks, Crawjaw :)

I got the cannon from Pepperpete; it was made by Don Jarr (both are Lair members)

... an army of Pred kids :0 the Lady Arbitrator gotta find that Elder first :)

---
Ei'luj

very, very cool! Can't wait to see it in action!

Uhlakk,

Many thanks for the compliments :)

It has seen action, at Atlanta Marriott Marquis hotel (its one of the Dragon*Con host hotels) and in the Dragon*Con parade this last Saturday in Atlanta...

this thread has pix of the group gathering in the hotel:
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...1354&st=200

this thread also inside the hotel:
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...1354&st=220

Parade pic:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8603968

---
Ei'luj

When I first saw this suit on the Dragon con topic pictures, I could not remember seeing a topic of you suitbild. This explains why. :)
Nice design on the armor, and the colours works good together. :)

CooleKotten, Pr3datorOfD3ath, Garo, Predator666...

Many thanks for the compliments :)

Kotten,

I had been so busy that I barely had time to finish it, worked on it up till I had to ship it, then even some little things in the hotel, arrrgh, that is cutting it close :)

Pr3datorOfD3ath,

Samurai general... yep, it DOES resemble that!

I guess thats sort of my theme, the silver & black set of armor had elements of it in the style and "blooding mark".

Come to think of it, the color scheme on the red and gold Scanner bio brings out the look also... that gold looks like the "wing" part of the Samurai's helmet....

Hmmm, now where can I find a katana? (more stuff! ;) )

---
Ei'luj

Wow! Julie ..you put sooo much hard work into your designs ...its great to see the pay off. remarkable suit!!!!!

many thanks ptgreek, it was fun figuring things out

Here's some detail pix of the gaunts, I moved them from my reply in the "looking for nice but cheap gauntlets" topic that knuckledragger started:

(description from the thread....)
I added leather to this latex gaunt top to hold its shape.

I also made the gaunt bottom totally out of leather.

The top velcros to the bottom and I put a leather lace around it so it wouldn't come off.

Here's a lot of pics showing the construction:

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

---
Ei'luj

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

I am loving this , this is so innovating that it makes me want to make a holiday armor. Very impressive!!!.

many thanks for the compliments

is there a Tandy Leather Factory near you?

Some stores give leatherworking classes; the one near me does, and they have a whole wall full of pix of peoples costumes that range from the wild wild west to ren faire/knights armor to sci-fi

---
Ei'luj

sweet!! love the clan pics!!

many thanks Suicidalraider

it was great having that many Preds at Dragoncon; total was eleven... ten in the group pic and the eleventh was down on the hotel lobby.

Parade was the topper though... people six deep on both sides of the street for a mile

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back