Spas 12 build help!!!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by JustinSG, May 13, 2012.

1. JustinSG

JustinSG New Member

Ok, I'm new here, and a still have yet to learn about this site.
    I've searched and searched but nothing came up about this, well maybe some photos of their airsoft replicas but that's about it. Anyway, I was thinking on making a replica spas 12, nutting fancy just maybe with the stock and/or working bolt, I haven't been able to find any dimensions, sizes, anyhing would be apreciated. Thanks guys!! :confused:thumbsup

2. Pro Mod

Pro Mod Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

3. cavx

cavx Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Apart from Specifications these specs, I am surprised there was not more on this.

(1979 - 2000)

Type: Shotgun

Caliber(s): 12 gauge

Weight: 9.7 lbs (4.4 kg)

Length: 41 in (104.1 cm)

Barrel length(s): 22 in (54.6 cm)

Capacity: 8-round internal tube magazine

Fire Modes: Pump-Action OR Semi-Auto

4. Conqueror_Worm

Conqueror_Worm Well-Known Member

5. Jonny B

Jonny B Active Member

GREAT weapon. I used one durring my military service (bought by me and a few other Team members) as what we called a "Master Key". A few slugs from it vs. a door and it's "open says ME!" The thing was a beast at close-mid range.
    I'm very suprised there isn't a cheap airsoft one, seems they've made just about everything else!

6. Superkrates

Superkrates Active Member

Maybe it's a great military weapon, but I found it to be a serious drawback with not being able to cycle anything but the hottest civilian load when in semi-auto. Replica is the way to go IMHO on this 12ga.

Atlanta airsoft has one listed for $19.95 - which is accurate in size but not weight.

7. JustinSG

JustinSG New Member

Oh thanks, um about the airsoft replica thing I live in Canada so I can't even get anywhere near a good airsoft or replica, the closest one is that crappy lil' stunt studios garbage that breaks 2 days after you buy it. How would I go on making one from scratch though? Ant suggestions as to materials ans methods, actually, I think my friend, well a couple has a drill press and some metal working tools, think that would work?:thumbsup

8. Demetrius

Demetrius Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

For starters, living in Canada means we cannot make or buy replica guns:( you might want to get an airsoft as they are new laws that enable us to get them, as long as they fire a certain FPS. for accuracy you can try removing the heatshield and putting a real one on it? you can get one on "Aliens Legacy Forum". But a RS folding stock is VERY expensive.

9. JustinSG

JustinSG New Member

Dang! We can't make them, I see why! Hmmm a heat shield from the forum would be nice, thanks for teh help guys.

10. Jonny B

Jonny B Active Member

You Canadians are SO boned when the zombies come out.

Well, you and Norway, who arrested a kid for having a sling shot and gave him 6 months in jail.:facepalm

11. Demetrius

Demetrius Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Actually we can get short barrelled shotguns as long as the OA length is 26 inches from the factory, go figure:behave

12. JustinSG

JustinSG New Member

I got to look up the firearms laws on the rcmp website tonight!:facepalm

13. JustinSG

JustinSG New Member

Any way I can get the TM Spas12 or the KTW imported to Canada?

14. JustinSG

JustinSG New Member

Great news! (I know it's been awhile) |But a guy here in Sudbury has a TM Spas 12 for sale for $200, can't wait!