Spartan Movie (Val Kilmer) Go Bag

brunoaxhausen

Hey Everybody,

I'm really kinda new here, so I hope I don't do this wrong ;-)

For some reason I'm a big fan of all kinds of movie prop bags, like Johnny Depp's bag from The Ninth Gate (got a couple similar ones but not the original), Jack Bauer's 24 Bag (the easiest one, 25$ via some online shop) or Indy's satchel / shoulder bag / purse thing...

Anyway, as I'm also a big fan of the movie Spartan, I've been spending some time lately tracking down that bag.

0010DEC9-6BAD-4295-A8B3-6F347FD4814C.jpg

At first, it seemed pretty easy, since the guys who seem to have made the movie prop (http://professionaloperatorskit.com/HBC.html) sell what they call the "original" spartan bag over at SIS California (http://www.siscalifornia.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=85) for some $180.

That sounded great, but after some further research I learned that this bag seems to be pretty different than the movie version. Judging from the mediocre images on the website, the bag seems to be made from different fabric and with different straps and grip handles. According to some people who purchased the bag, it's also a lot bigger than the movie version.

So that means I'm pretty much back to step one and now I'm wondering what to do...

As far as I can see, I've got a few options:

#1 Buy the one from the above source, ignore the differences

#2 Look around for a similar bag (if one exists)

#3 Find someone to make me a bag from screen grabs and guesstimates about the size

#4 Buy one of the above bags and customize it (change straps, sew on new handles, weather the fabrics to come closer to the original)

#5 Learn how to make bags and make one from scratch.

So far I'm only starting out with this little project, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Are there any Spartan fans around by any chance? Anybody who owns one of the POK bags? Anybody with experience in making bags? (How hard can it be... ;-)

I'll be adding more on my progress as I go, but I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this!

Cheers
Bruno

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back