Spartacus Vengeance

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Lando, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So who is excited as I am for the new season starting on the 27th :behave

2. Serenity

Serenity Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Definitely, but I'm a bit anxious to see how Liam McIntyre does in place of Andy...

Also, if you have Directv, they're doing a week early showing of the season premiere tomorrow night (the 20th) on the Audience Channel (239).

3. Lando

I cant believe Lesley-Ann Brandt is not playing Naevia anymore

4. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

It still saddens me that Andy passed away. I loved the show with him in the lead, hopefully they were able to carry his legacy forward into the new season.

5. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Anyone know if the Netflix fracas with Encore is still ongoing? I'm hoping to be able to catch this on Netflix On Demand.

6. TravisO

TravisO Active Member

No Clue but I saw on my Xbox360 last night you can get the show via Zune. Not sure about Netflix seems like Starz is not giving away one of their massive hits freely about anymore.

7. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hmmm... apparently Whitfield gave this new guy his blessing before passing away, I guess we'll all see how well he does soon enough.

8. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

Blood and Sand was one of the greatest shows ever put on tv, I thought. Definately had the best season finale of all time!!!!!

Rewatching them on Starz now. Can't wait for the new one. But Andy will be missed. He really put humanity into the charactor. Hope the new guy is as good.

God, I hope some one finally kills that blonde bit(h!!

9. aeonpulse

Noooooooo! She's so hot!

10. Lando

Shes very hot and evil

11. 0neiros

0neiros Master Member

She Deserves Death... DEATH BY SNU SNU!!!

12. 3phase

3phase Well-Known Member

Yes can not wait for this. I actually got into this after it had shown on TV and went to buy it on DVD and was told then about Andy passing away so was a bit sad watching it when i knew. Was good to watch both seasons on DVD with no commercials etc?

13. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

I watched it using Netflix too, but with the Starz contract coming to an end soon, I sincerely doubt that the new season will be added to the list. At the moment, only Blood and Sand is available via streaming anyway.

14. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Crapola. Guess I'll have to wait for the DVDs.

15. aeonpulse

Get em on Blu-Ray if you can. I purchased season 1 on Blu-Ray, and it's worth every penny. (And I originally watched all of season 1 on NetFlix.) The difference in quality is astounding. Totally awesome.

16. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Ah, see, I don't have a BR player yet, nor an HDTV, nor a receiver that can even do HDMI hookups. I'm in the process of having my media room built, but when that's done, the great upgrade shall begin. I'll probably still reflexively refer to BRDs as DVDs, though, for a few months after I upgrade. :)

17. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

For those who watch on Netflix, be warned that the contract with Starz ends on February 28, 2012.

18. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Hey, for anyone interested, as of today, Episode 1 of the new season is available to watch from Starz main website. Pretty cool since it won't air until the 27th.

I just watched it - it was alright, not the same (or as great) as before though. I was amazed I think the most that there was hardly any nudity until 20 mins into the show.

No spoilers here. But I miss Andy as Spartacus. The new guy's too GQ and baby face to fill these otherwise large shoes.

Jupiters Co#K!!!

19. BIKERFETT

BIKERFETT Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I thought it was very good. And you said not much nudity.....this may have been the most nudity heavy episode of the whole series. It was different seeing someone else playing Spartacus. I think in time it will be less and less noticable as he makes it his own. I felt they picked up where they left off the best they could with a new actor. I was overall very pleased and excited for the return.

20. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

^Seriously?? There was only 1 scene with any significant nudity. Some of the 1st season episodes almost qualified as being soft prn.

21. 0neiros

0neiros Master Member

Anybody notice that they are now using blood as a transition effect between Scenes? COOOOOOOOLLLLLLL

22. aeonpulse

Thanks for the heads up, Monster Dave.

23. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

No problem!

24. Lando

I cant wait to see it

25. BIKERFETT

BIKERFETT Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

One scene, I am unsure what version you were watching. There is one scene where a chick mounts a guy with a strapon for god sake.

26. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

The scene in the 'pleasure' house is the 'one significant one' that I'm referring too.

Not really any worse that the early scenes in Blood and Sand that took place in the luduce.

27. 3phase

3phase Well-Known Member

Jupiters Co#K!!! for Gods sakes

28. Lando

I liked the new episode

29. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Every time I spoke with a buddy of mine who watched Blood and Sand recently, I say that!! LOL!!!

30. 0neiros

0neiros Master Member

OK who here didn't wince and cross their legs when Spartacus slammed his Gladius up between that guys legs in the brothel?

31. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

^I want to reply to your post, but how did you do that with the button? That's COOL!!

32. aeonpulse

I finally got around to watching the new episode last night, and I loved it. At first I wasn't sure about the new guy, but by the end of the episode I was ok with him. He's no Whitfield, but I think he'll do fine as the new Sparticus.

33. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Is this like the strap on scene?

34. aeonpulse

hahahahah, his "gladius", that's what he calls it.

35. 0neiros

0neiros Master Member

You know that strap-on would have been made of finely crafted ivory, or even marble. I wonder if I could start an interest thread in the Junkyard...heheheheh..I said Junk.

Imagine being that actress years later, "Grandma, what did you do when you were an actress?" "Oh I was d**do w**re on an episode of Spartacus. If you're good we'll make some cocoa and watch it tonight." "YAY!!!"

36. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

Man I can't wait until Friday night to watch this. Blood and Sand was one of the best shows EVER!!!

37. aeonpulse

You know you don't have to wait till Friday, right? It's available to watch right now on the Starz website.

Spartacus - A STARZ Original Series - Videos

38. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

Ok it can't just be me who thinks it's hilarious that more than one person is Spartacus.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  39. aeonpulse

Huh? I don't follow, and I don't find it hilarious.

You realize the reason there's a new actor playing Spartacus is because Andy Whitfield (the original Spartacus) died of lymphoma, right?

40. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

Read my edit (posted before you did) and it's funny because of the whole, "I'm Spartacus", "No, I'm Spartacus" thing from the movie.

41. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

It's a movie history joke. When the Romans captures Spartacus and his army, they demanded to know which one was Spartacus. Since they didn't exactly have pictures of him, they had to threaten to kill all of them until Spartacus fessed up. So Spartacus stands up and says 'I am Spartacus' but then others in his army stand up saying 'I am Spartacus' until they all pretty much do.

42. aeonpulse

Ahhhhhhhhh, NOW I get it.
    Thank you, sir.

43. Rbeato

Rbeato Sr Member

Yea watched the show on the 21st, I still like the show but its extremely hard to watch it without Andy playing the role (RIP) He played that role amazingly well, and the new guy, at times has a slight resemblence, but his voice is A LOT different, and I know no ones voice is the same as someone elses, but Andy had a voice perfect for that role. The show will still be good with out, but man I miss Andy.
    ***SPOLIER ALERT****
    And wow Lucretia literally lost her mind, that was insane how gone her brain is, but i guess after going through a tragedy like she went through it would cause that. But clearly she is going to snap out of it, seemed like she started to once she saw Crixus.
    And really the same girl isn't playing Navea?

44. xena10ares

xena10ares Well-Known Member

I just want to say, as a Xena/Lucy Lawless fan most of my life, in this first episode of Vengeance , it is one of the best scenes I have ever scene Lucy act in! As Lucretia she makes you truly feel for her, though she is a villian! Lucy absolutly amazes me always!

and no you cant replace andy, but you also cant compare him to Liam, they are different, they brought different qualities to Spartacus. You have to forget Andy's Spartacus when watching the new one. honestly i wasnt fazed by andy being gone at all in this first ep! not to discredit andy, because he was BEYOND amazing, but i feel that the story of Lucretia, Glaber and Illythia are sooo strong this season that it wont matter about spartacus!

45. Rbeato

Rbeato Sr Member

yea Lucretia's part in this season to gain "power" should be quite amazing. and she has definitely played her roll very well. Her and Quintus played their roles amazingly in blood and sand and gods of the arena, and can only expect good things from Lucy this season. In all actuality, the entire cast plays their roles very well. Should be an epic season, just sad now that i've seen the first episode early that I have to wait until next weekend to see episode 2

46. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

No, I refuse to watch this on a 22 inch computer monitor. Must watch it on the 46 inch tv with the surround sound, in the dark, with my beer and popcorn. Any thing else is a waste.

47. Darth Fetty

Darth Fetty Well-Known Member

If you have Comcast (or Xfinity - whatever the heck it's called now) you can watch it OnDemand. I'm guessing it'd be the same for most other providers too.

Loved it!:thumbsup
    The show still surprises me with the creative ways they brutally kill or torture people.:lol

48. KnightAsylum

KnightAsylum Sr Member

Watched it On Demand as well - The season is off to a great start. :thumbsup

49. ninjadoc1

ninjadoc1 New Member

Wow. I'm happy to see so many fans of the show. So far after I have yet to convert a single one of my friends into loyal followers. With BSG they all saw the light so quickly...

50. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

^ Every time I find out that someone that I know is watching/has watched it, I get all excited again!! A buddy of mine who dismissed my suggestion to watch it a year ago just started Blood and Sand - he finished the entire season in less than a week!!! LOL!!