Spartacus and Gladiator props

Yup. I make Gladiator shoulder armour, still have the mold.

Also we are working on the full chest armour, it's 90% ready for molding and will be finished by the summer.

Yup. I make Gladiator shoulder armour, still have the mold.

Also we are working on the full chest armour, it's 90% ready for molding and will be finished by the summer.

I would be definately interested in the front chest armour. This is such a stunning piece..

most of that stuff is all leather though, no? Not sure how i follow where the molds come into play. Would love to see pictures of what you mean.

I guess he makes rigid casts and then coats them with leather, to get that sturdy armor with leather look.

That's right.

But whilst the shoulder pieces have been finished for ages, I have yet to complete the prototype chest armour, although all the parts are sculpted and ready. Just not assembled. I kind of lost my motivation to get it done, but I will get back round to it sooner or later.

Apelord made an awesome set of Gladiator armor for marsattack, and has a thread in the JY for armor and chest piecs.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/gladiator-armor-comission-93806/

I followed Apelords lead and started my own armor using the same techniques he used. Apelord has been a huge help in answering several questions that I have had along the way.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/gladiator-maximus-carthage-armor-wip-129624/

gladiator-maximus-carthage-armor-wip-gator-armor-21.jpg-72998d1320022454

I've been able to make a little more progress on my armor, so I guess an update to my thread is in order. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back