Spandex for fake robot thighs?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Marthony

Hello,

I’m in the process of upgrading my G1 Devastator costume for the Calgary Comic Expo, for use on April 30th. Here’s how it looked for Halloween last year: http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...pst947tne3.jpg.

While I’ve plotted out how to redo the lower legs (and a long list of other improvements), I also need to add thighs.

My first thought is to get stretchy black fabric and attach the pieces to hooks/Velcro/fasteners in the upper legs & bottom of torso frame. I’d attach them at the corners so the tension creates a squared-off look, hopefully. Does this make sense? I haven’t worked with spandex before. (I do have a used sewing machine, though I haven’t unboxed it to recall my grade 8 home ec lessons)

It would be ideal if I could match the color to those of the costume, green or purple. For each I’ve Krylon Craft Series Shimmer Metalic spray paints, which are noted as being safe on craft foam. Any idea if this would be safe to use on spandex?

How might you approach this?

Thanks!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.