Space X Dragon Helmet 3D Model and Build (V2 Finished Bust on p.3)

Printing your Etsy file, any instructions on opening button / buck assembly? So far both big pieces printed in one piece.. it takes some time but looks good. Printed them with 0.16

Attachments

• salmas.jpg
    salmas.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Printing your Etsy file, any instructions on opening button / buck assembly? So far both big pieces printed in one piece.. it takes some time but looks good. Printed them with 0.16
Honestly lost most of my photos of when I built the V1, but you can see some of it here, the slide latch goes into the slot first, then the main part of the button can get put into its T slot with a small spring on top of it( mechanical pencil springs work out well) then you can slip a pin into the two parts

Attachments

• CD79340E-2591-459E-99C8-A1F8F68C5543.jpeg
    CD79340E-2591-459E-99C8-A1F8F68C5543.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 170
1603877456840.png

Moving on, and will be forming visor with vaccum thermoplastics. By the way, your V2 is extra lip on inner helmet for black rubber seal, and buckle mech? also its epoxy molded right?

Dont know how to solve the glass part, im not a designer, i dont know how to design things in any program in computer. i bought files on etsy, but i just cant solve the glass part, i dont understand the bucket process, i could solve it if i can have the glass part as a stl too, cause i know how to finish it with it instead of vacuum but that file doesn't come in the files and i can contact the designer anymore, it seems it would be an unfinished process, shame i was excited about this. good luck for you guys

Dont know how to solve the glass part, im not a designer, i dont know how to design things in any program in computer. i bought files on etsy, but i just cant solve the glass part, i dont understand the bucket process, i could solve it if i can have the glass part as a stl too, cause i know how to finish it with it instead of vacuum but that file doesn't come in the files and i can contact the designer anymore, it seems it would be an unfinished process, shame i was excited about this. good luck for you guys

Just sent you a pm

Do you have any visors? Or are your planning any runs of them soon? I bought the files and have it ready but I don't have time/space to build a former

You know what would be cool, incorporating a spring into the visor hinge, so that when you push the release buttons the visor springs to the open position. It would also make a satisfying snap when you closed it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back