Space Sweepers - Netflix

I just finished watching it and enjoyed it. I will admit that I may start using this movie as an example of mcguffin-overload, though.

There were several costumes and props that I really liked (Captain Jang’s Kaneda style outfit and rifle and Tiger’s astronaut helmet).

With all of the great visuals in the movie, Tae-Ho’s tracker watch was definitely a low point.

After seeing this movie, I think Richard Armitage would make an awesome live action Dr. Quest in a Jonny Quest movie.

I could not get into it past the first 30 minutes before I realized it was just going to be more or less the same from there out, and it was already giving me a headache. I had to switch it off.

It already lost me with the Steve Jobs character and that set-up, which I'm sure plays later into the film but---without having seen the rest---it probably needed to be cut; I was getting nauseated with the use of CG, every effects shot not lasting for more than a few seconds before another cut to another effects shot, on top of all the ship models looking the same: bundles of pipes with plating on top of them moving at ridiculous speeds.

No tension, no atmosphere, no sense of geography or pacing, and some really awkward directing choices; beyond some neat set design and art direction, I just could not get into this.

I agree. I watched this last night and have to say if you watch the trailer, you saw the best parts of the movie. It was okay, but not that great. The environments and design were pretty cool though. I also didn't get what the deal with the "Steve Jobs" character and why he kept having spasms with veins spidering all over the place. Maybe they think that's what happens to space bad guys, IDK.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back